Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Salvino 442
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill J wrote:
Adamthewayne, nice work on correcting the top of the quarters od the Olds and your Dodge looks nice too.

Try Tamiya white TS spray paint. I have never gotten a bad paint job with Tamiya TS sprays.
Thank you for the compliments sir. I have recently tried a couple Tamiya paints. I was quite impressed. I just haven't tried white or black yet.
Bill J

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Tamiya black and white on this Chevy Black Widow.

martinfan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HurricaneDave3 wrote:
I'm with you martinfan, absolutely zero interest in this kit. My interest was peaked however a month ago when all the "it's almost done" starting coming out on the boards. I thought, hmmm, maybe this would be a fun little kit to build and something out of my "norm", now I'm glad I didn't jump on it when I was about to.

If this kit was what we were promised, I would of bought it, just to support JR, because maybe a future project from them would of been something I would of been interested in, but no way I am going to spend close to $50 after factor in shipping on what is 70's tooling with a sheet of Powerslide decals.

If people are happy this kit, great!!!, I hope you enjoy building it, but for me, nope, its not worth $35, its barley worth $20 if you take out the Powerslide decal sheet, what a massive disappointment for many in the NASCAR modeling community that have some standards.
Mack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: Almost all of you have missed the topic Reply with quote

18degrees wrote:
So now that this thread has completely took a right friggin’ turn from the original topic (what car are you building with this kit) and it has turned into a “tell me what you think is wrong with this kit”...

Is anyone interested in talking about what car you are planning on building with this kit? If not, please go elsewhere and post. Trying to stay positive.

Agreed 100%, I'd like to do Cale and Donnies Daytona cars from 1979. Plus Lobograghix makes an excellent sheet for Waltrips S3 Laguna. I'm thinking their sheet would be a nice fit for the Olds.
DarylH

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petty, Baker, D.Allison, Cale & maybe DW
I'll massage the body a bit & maybe look at alternative chassis'.
Still looking forward to having mine on the bench. Maybe today....

Though I appreciate the efforts of the reviewers above in illuminating points to ponder, the rubber hits the road when the kit hits the bench.
Gary66
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not anyone's job other than the mods to tell anyone where to post. I'm not home but this evening I will make a thread in the tips section for the 442, its errors, and fixes .
Gary66
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discussion thread for this kit pertaining to tooling issues , errors, and possible fixes is now up in the Tips and Tricks section. Do not post there on general topics such as what car you are building with what decals. It's for the nuts and bolts of the kit.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: