Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pearson 71 GTO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Fab Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Pearson 71 GTO Reply with quote

Here's where I am with my Pearson Vallo Pontiac build. I got my new decals for the CV 33 today and they look very good. For the build I used the AMT 72 GTO Judge street kit and the reissued Allison Monte for interior tub and chassis. With some trimming and filing it worked pretty good, but getting the ride height was more work than I expected.

Anyway, Chassis is about done. This week I'll hopefully get it in primer.

Mack

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking very nice
Firefly

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's looking great. Love the air stems! How did the wheelbase work out with the body? I know those GM A-bodies needed to shift the rear wheel openings back a bit. Looks like maybe you made that adjustment...?
JCee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefly wrote:
How did the wheelbase work out with the body? I know those GM A-bodies needed to shift the rear wheel openings back a bit. Looks like maybe you made that adjustment...?

When I first started out I was going to use the GTO kit chassis. Oddly enough it had rear axle holes drilled for the longer wheelbase. So I moved the rear wheel wells based on that. But soon after scrubbed the idea of using the GTO tub and chassis.

When I test fit the Monte Carlo chassis, it just happened to fit where I'd moved the wheel wells. I got pretty lucky on that.
JCee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:
I got the paint on last week, and it didn't come out well. I used Testors white primer, then sprayed the body in gloss white wet sanding between each. That came out great. I then masked off the roof line and sprayed the purple. I used Testors MM pearl purple acrylic for this and it came out awful. It came out translucent around all the edges, was splotchy and ran, and bled under the painters tape.

I cleaned it up best I could and finishing the build. It's not going to be bad, just not what I'd hoped for. Lesson learned, when using a different type paint, test first!
Bobby The Cabdriver

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Pearson GTO Reply with quote

I believe with the Ray Nichols connection to this car, it was painted Mopar plum crazy purple, which testers has in the model Master lacquer line. If your Shaker can guy like me, this paint comes out like glass. Use of medium to dark blue paint as a base with somewhat transparent color and you'll be good to go. Your in progress pictures look great! A very interesting car and a very interesting story.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Fab Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: