Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

casting parts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldtimer

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject: casting parts Reply with quote

I've been using smooth-on silicone to make molds for casting hard to find small parts...

does anyone do casting and what do you use...thanks
octopusmotor

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smooth-On OOMOO 25 rubber and Smooth-Cast 300 resin are what I use. The "trial size" packages of each are sufficient for what I do, mostly smaller parts I cast every so often. I've used the stuff for over a decade and it's never let me down.

Jodie Peeler
oldtimer

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's what I've been using but the part b dries out,I live in upstate ny so I can't use it because of the temp
I try and store it the best I can but nothing has worked,any suggestions...

the other thing,I like use 1:1 silicone,much easier for me...
joe b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldtimer wrote:
that's what I've been using but the part b dries out,I live in upstate ny so I can't use it because of the temp
I try and store it the best I can but nothing has worked,any suggestions...

the other thing,I like use 1:1 silicone,much easier for me...

hey oldtimer. i live in north nj. i have the same trouble with the two part mold rubber. i called smooth-on and was told there is nothing to do with temp or humidity. the part b has a very short shelf life having to do with it's chemical makeup. you need to use it right away. 60- 90 daye or so. i have like three containers of the part a blue that are still good. i asked smooth on if the sold the part b separately. they said no.

what 1:1 silicone do you use and for what? the mold or the part

joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: