Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I would like advice from some builders please.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: I would like advice from some builders please. Reply with quote

I am going to do the decals for Joe Shears 1970 Chevelle short track car pictured below. Do most people want a decal like this done so it includes the Red and Blue so all you have to do is paint the car white of do you prefer painting it yourself

Thanks..
spooker

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blue, maybe. The red goes over too many curves for most to get down without wrinkles. JMO!

Brian
R.J.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would want to do all painting for the body color.
I would paint the body all White first then paint the Red and finish with the Blue last. There is no way to get a Red decal to fit properly on all the contours it would lay over and the Blue is an easy spray.
Mack

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with all the above.
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answers is it just the curves that everyone is worried about the reason I am asking is 1 other I have planned to release is redoing a kit decal for the Bob Larivee 70 and 71 Chevelle I have added the roof and trunk strips and modified the side decals to cover the wheels openings complete and then trim after installation these are all relatively flat areas and should go on easily it has the Correct Metallic Gold numbers as well would this be a better item or the same as the Shear car. I did this decal and applied it myself on one I was building and for me it was easy to use. But I have a decal company and actually enjoy the decal process much more than I enjoy Masking and painting....
R.J.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offering the decal with the Blue and Red would be a good option for those who do not like the painting process, but I would make all Numbers and lettering separate on the sheet so those that want to paint the main body colors would have that option also.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: