Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fantasy Cup 2024 - Race 2 - Dixieland Speedway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razorback 46

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:50 pm    Post subject: Fantasy Cup 2024 - Race 2 - Dixieland Speedway Reply with quote

Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFEEV8O56EQ

DK: Things are about to get wild here in the Tarheel state as the Fantasy Cup Series comes to the Dixieland Speedway for the Sun Drop 125. Hello again, everyone, I'm Dave Knight alongside NASCAR legend Darrell Waltrip.

DW: Well Dave, I think it's safe to say that the dirt's gonna fly along with the tempers. This place is 3/8 of a mile and these turns are tight. Especially when you're sideways just to get through'em.

DK: Well with that, we'll go trackside.

Ladies and gentlemen, please rise and remove your hats as the the United States Air Force's Singing Sergents perform our national anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gi4_3HD05w

Race fans, it's time for the most famous words in motorsports! Please welcome our grand marshal, NASCAR Hall of Famer and North Carolina native, Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Green Flag

DW: Boogity boogity boogity! Let's go racin' on the dirt!

DK: And Phil N. Blank wastes no time over the open wheeler Dorf. He turns that right side to the wind in turns 1 and 2 and hammers down the back straightaway. Dorf makes a move to the inside, gets to the bumper. Just misses as he gathers his Dodge back up and he falls back into line. Blank leads the first lap here at Dixieland!

Lap 40

DW: Man, I hate to say it but Sheldon must not be runnin' an all cylinders. He's lost a lot of ground since the beginning.

DK: The defending Fantasy Cup champion having problems early in this event. Meanwhile Dorf making a move once again. This time he makes the pass. The 11 leads this event.

Lap 59

DW: Dave, ol' Spud's been making a charge on Ken Wallace. He's gonna move that 96 into 3rd.

DK: And Wallace isn't out of the woods yet. Amy Hilton pitches her own Oldsmobileto the inside. Can't make it stick. Wallace keeping Loggins in the crosshairs. Closes the gap on the back stretch.

DW: He's stuck between those 2 grocery getters and I think he's gonna...

DK: Trouble in turn 3. Dorf tried a block on the 97 of Blank and both cars go for a spin. They'd just put JR Sealey a lap down but he regains it right before the yellow flies. Both of the former leaders manage to get going again.

DW: Dave, I don't think either of those guys got any damage other than some dented fenders. They should be alright to continue.

Lap 97

DK: We've got a 3-wide battle for the lead! Ken Wallace in the middle of Loggins and Hilton! Hilton gets a little loose, Wallace shuts the door and takes the top spot coming out of turn 4!

Lap 120

DK: Ken Wallace has checked out with a 3 car advantage over Lee Loggins. Now he's gonna make a move to the outside of Sheldon Hatterfield to put him a 3rd lap down. Heartbreaker of a day for the defending champion.

White Flag

DK: The white flag comes out as Loggins cuts the deficit to half a car length out of 4. Wallace throws the Lawson's F-150 sideways and sails through turns 1 and 2. Loggins nipping right at his heels down the back stretch. Final time into turn 3. The 14 makes a smooth trip and comes out of turn 4. Ken Wallace wins the Sun Drop 125 at Dixieland Speedway!

DW: 2nd career win for this guy! Heck of a job!

1. 14 - Ken Wallace
2. 96 - Lee Loggins
3. 27 - Amy Hilton
4. 6 - Rattlecan Dan
5. 26 - Tim Wallace
6. 97 - Phil N. Blank
7. 11 - Doozle Dorf
8. 46 - JR Sealey
9. 23 - Keith Wallace (-2)
10. 17 - Sheldon Hatterfield (-3)

DK: Ken Wallaces notches his 2nd win and that will conclude our coverage of todays event. For Darrell Waltrip, I'm Dave Knight. Thank you so much for joining us and we'll see you next week at Slinger Speedway for the Napa 150.

Lee "Spud" Lo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yabba Dabba Doo...2 nd place. Good run for the L.A.p 1 racing Oldsmobile.
Keith Wallace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I finished where I started !
Rattlecan Dan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to Ken Wallace! On a job well done! The Dernzco team gave me a good ride today we just never got hooked up well enough to get out front.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: