Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fantasy Cup 2024 - Race 1 - New Smyrna Speedway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razorback 46

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:38 pm    Post subject: Fantasy Cup 2024 - Race 1 - New Smyrna Speedway Reply with quote

Intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzrxBCzUCss

DK: What is the measure of a champion? Is it the amount of trophies on a shelf or, perhaps, the amount of laps lead? Is it the horsepower under the hood or the number of hours spent late at night for a few extra decimal places on a dyno? Is it luck or rising above and conquering any obstacle in the windshield? Or can it be a bit of everything? For the drivers of the Fantasy Cup Series, these are the questions they ask for 10 months. Late nights, scarred knuckles, and a dream all leading to the answers that come in March and April. But the question no one has to ask these competitors is this... are you ready?

Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rslJpib0C6o

DK: Hello again, everyone, and welcome to the New Smyrna Speedway in sunny Florida for the 2024 season opener; the Castrol 200. I'm Dave Knight and joining me as always, 3-time NASCAR champion and Hall of Famer, Darrell Waltrip. DW, it's been a long off season. How much anticipation is brewing in these 10 drivers today?

DW: Dave, it's like leaving a pressure cooker on the stove for too long. These drivers are about to burst at the seams. They can't wait to get out there and show what they can do in 2024.

DK: We've got 4 series champions in the field, the most recent of which is Sheldon Hatterfield, but we've also got an open wheel champ from Europe starting today; Doozle Dorf in the 11 car.

DW: I tell you, Dave, I remember him showing up in Sonoma one year in NASCAR. It was his only start but he absolutely ran everyone off the track and won under some odd circumstances. I'm glad I'm not in one of those cars today.

DK: And we'll see if he's learned a thing or 2 since then. Now we go trackside for the opening ceremony.

Ladies and gentlemen, please rise and remove your hats for the singing of our national anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvf81y3lTUw

And now, race fans, it's time for the most famous words in motorsports. Please welcome our grand marshal, multiple-time motocrass champion and Florida native, Ricky Carmichael!

RC: Lady and gentlemen, start your engines!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLZl-TtJFHI

DK: And now for the starting linup for the Castrol 200!

DK: Starting on the pole, a first time winner in 2023, it's the Lowes Foods Oldsmobile of Amy "Hollywood" Hilton.

DK: On the outside of row 1 is the Valvoline Ford driven by Rattlecan Dan.

DK: Row 2 it's the Hobgoblin IPA Chevy of 2-time Fantasy Cup champion Tim "T" Wallace.

DK: His brother Ken starts alongside in the Lawson's Ford F-150.

DK: Series veteran Lee "Spud" Loggins starts 5th in the Winn Dixie Oldsmobile.

DK: To his outside, it's the 2020 series champ Keith "Brewdog" Wallace in the Wallace Brewing Ford.

DK: Row 4 inside, it's the defending series Champion Sheldon Hatterfield in the NOS Energy Ford.

DK: Outside, it's the #97 Dos Equis Ford of Phil N. Blank.

DK: Starting 9th is the open wheel champion on the European circuit, Doozle Dorf in the Skoal Bandit Dodge.

DK: And rounding out the field is the 2013 Fantasy Cup champion JR "Razorback" Sealey in the Wild Turkey Chevy.

Green Flag

DW: Boogity boogity boogity! Let's go racin' in 2024!

DK: And Hilton, wasting no time as she hammers down to the inside of turns 1 and 2. She'll pick up about a car length advantage but Rattlecan Dan is right there in her wake down the back stretch.

DW: And ol' Spud got a great start. He just split the middle between the Wallace boys.

DK: 3-wide into turns 3 and 4. Meanwhile, Hilton comes across the line. Rattlecan Dan cuts his deficit to half a car length.

Lap 36

DW: That 46 machine's been on a rail since the green, he's pushed his way up to 5th with the help of his teammate. I don't know how but Dorf seems to have learned a little patience since the last time he was in a stock car.

DK: Meanwhile the lead remains unchanged. Hilton's had her Olds glued to the inside all 36 laps of this event. Dan's tried a few different grooves, gained a bit and lost a bit but still manages to keep his Ford in striking distance of the leader.

Lap 57

DK: And there's trouble on the back stretch! Smoke pouring out of the #97 machine of Phil N. Blank. The caution flies right as Rattlecan Dan got a run out of turn 2. Amy Hilton checked up and lost 2 spots as Sheldon Hatterfield made a move on the outside to claim 2nd.

Lap 99

DW: We've got a heck of a battle for the 4th spot. Ol' Razorback's been stalkin' that 96 of Loggins. The 46 goes to the outside, dodges the block and shoots to the inside!

DK: And there's a Razorback Motorsports chain led by Amy Hilton! Doozle Dorf get's a little loose off the bumper of the boss allowing Loggins to settle back into the 5th position. Dorf now held up by the lapped car of Ken Wallace.

Lap 120

DK: To the inside in turn 2. Amy Hilton puts a nose under the 17 of Hatterfield. They touch! Hatterfield gathers it up and Hilton spins!

DW: She kept it off the wall but lost all her track position and the caution comes out again.

Lap 146

DW: Spin up in turn 4! Keith Wallace cuts a tire down and slides up in front of Tim.

DK: Tim Wallace with nowhere to go plants the nose of his Chevrolet into the left rear of his father. Tough break for that family. The window nets are down on both cars. Keith Wallace climbs out of the battered remains of his Ford and runs over to check on Tim. Looks like both of them are alright.

Lap 178

DW: Hatterfield makes a move on the inside of Dan! He's gonna pick up the lead comin' out of 4!

DK: He's been on a charge for the last 5 or 6 laps and finally pitches that championship winning Ford to the point in the last few laps of this event.

White Flag

DK: The white flag is out. Sheldon Hatterfield has a mirror full of the #6 Ford of Rattlecan Dan.

DW: Dan's gonna go high. Hatterfield shuts the door though!

DK: They hammer down the back stretch for the final time. Dan with a run on the outside again. Hatterfield throws the block. Rattlecan Dan to the inside of turn 4! Drag race to the line! Rattlecan Dan comes acress the line to win the Castrol 200!

DW: Wow! Dave, he couldn't have been more than a few inches ahead but that's all it takes!

DK: A brilliant showing for that #6 team. Led a good portion of this race, lost the lead, and fought back right when it counted the most.

1. 6 - Rattlecan Dan
2. 17 - Sheldon Hatterfield
3. 46 - JR Sealey
4. 96 - Lee Loggins
5. 11 - Doozle Dorf
6. 27 - Amy Hilton
7. 14 - Ken Wallace (-2)
8. 23 - Keith Wallace (Out)
9. 26 - Tim Wallace (Out)
10. 97 - Phil N. Blank (Out)

DW: Dave, that was well worth the wait! What a finish!

DK: And a small margin of victory lands the first win for Rattlecan Dan in the Valvoline Ford. For Darrell Waltrip, I'm Dave Knight. Thank you so much for joining us and we'll see you next week on the dirt of the Dixieland Speedway for the Sun Drop 125.

Keith Wallace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, took a muscle relaxer, grabbed a beer and began to fill the recycle bin!
Rattlecan Dan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to thank my crew chief brother Mario, and my great team and sponsors: Valvoline and Dernzco Racing for giving me an excellent ride today. And thanks to all the wonderful people involved in giving us this opportunity to put on a great show for the fans.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can I say but typical ford reliability. Looks like it will be a long season for old Phil. Then again it might have helped if they had put oil in the engine instead of beer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: