Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1960 starliner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jim unger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: 1960 starliner Reply with quote

Hi everyone, continuing to work on my 1960 Curtus Turner Starliner and have some questions. Where would the gas filler tube be on this beast and is it open or under a door? I also need to know where the exhaust tubes dump out to on this car.

Thanks for any help.
Jim
Petty/Wood Brothers tribute
jpeter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fuel filler on the 1960 Ford is behind a dor in the center of the taillight panel. NASCAR teams removed the door and exposed the fuel filler so the cap could easily be removed to fill the car duringpit stops. I just finished mine and I cut out the fuel door and made a tube and gas cap out of sprue.
67 Fairlane

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 1960 starliner Reply with quote

jim unger wrote:
Hi everyone, continuing to work on my 1960 Curtus Turner Starliner and have some questions. Where would the gas filler tube be on this beast and is it open or under a door? I also need to know where the exhaust tubes dump out to on this car.

Thanks for any help.
Jim

Here you go FoMoCo Bro!

This is the #90 Junie Donleavy Galaxie. Note the open gas filler and the trunk-lid bungie.

Here's the Curtis Turner Daytona car for 1960. I assume this is the one you're building. From the single pipe ducking out from under the car I'd say the exhaust dumps exit both sides of the vehicle.

Exhaust set-ups can be track and team specific. Teams were always experimenting to get the best flow-through on exhaust and often they would take into account the type of driving each track offered.

Hope this helps

Jerry
jim unger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to both of you for the info. Gerry, I'm building Curtus's short track car as the Daytona car has a white roof according to Tom Moody and I like the all-blue paint scheme. I'm waiting for my model club guys to tell me that the interior is the wrong color. LOL

Again, thanks for the help.
Jim
Petty/Wood Brothers tribute
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: