Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How would YOU sell 150 JNJ decal sheets?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spooker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:54 pm    Post subject: How would YOU sell 150 JNJ decal sheets? Reply with quote

As the title says, I have over 150 JNJ decal sheets, 95% if which I have no interest in. How would you sell them, as one large lot, small lots (5 to 10 sheets per lot) or individually? If in lots, how would you group the decals in each lot, by driver, car body style, or....? Any and all opinions are appreciated!
Thanks - Brian
Papadoc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally would reach out to Mike or one of the other decal wholesalers. You won't get retail, but it would be an easy sell.

If you don't like that option... my first go to would be to post it on Craigslist/Facebook Marketplace locally to see if you get any bites, as a full lot.

Finally I'd probably still go full lot for an eBay sale.

I think individually would be a pretty big hassle. Small lots seem good but people will just pay for the more desirable decals in the lot and you end up giving away the less desirable ones.

I guess the biggest thing you didn't touch on is what you are trying to make off of them. Me personally, if I had them and paid for them years and years ago.. I'd want a fair price but I'd also be happy knowing they went to people who would appreciate them and/or a wholesaler whom I like that will get them to the right people and make a little money for themselves.
spooker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papadoc wrote:

I guess the biggest thing you didn't touch on is what you are trying to make off of them. Me personally, if I had them and paid for them years and years ago.. I'd want a fair price but I'd also be happy knowing they went to people who would appreciate them and/or a wholesaler whom I like that will get them to the right people and make a little money for themselves.

What you said above is right on the mark! I bought 90% of these direct from JNJ, many when they and Cady were the only game in town. Not looking to get top dollar for them, but a fair price. Icing on the cake would be seeing some get used on builds posted to the forum. I'm kind of leaning towards the individual listing, despite the work involved. Either that or small lots, probably based on drivers. I do have multiples of some, also. Thanks for your input!
1fozziebear

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I recommend small groupings per body style. That way assembly line construction can be planned out accordingly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: