Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just got my first modified kit!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Papadoc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:07 am    Post subject: Just got my first modified kit! Reply with quote

Super excited for this!!

How have you guys been working the decals for this? Do you decal everything once it's built, or decal it before its done? This is my first time working with a piecemeal body on a model

Thanks!!
Duane Garner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:29 am    Post subject: Modified decaling Reply with quote

I used a piece of cardboard and double-sided tape to lay out the panels as if they were "assembled" and then applied the decals. This helped me with stripe alignment between panels
spooker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pre-assembled most of the body, minus the roof & center rear panels. I was also able to assemble the nose and side pieces prior to painting. It's a bit of a stretch to get the nose on but it's been on and off several times and so far has held together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: