Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Salvinos modified kit issues...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crime Dog

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:02 pm    Post subject: Salvinos modified kit issues... Reply with quote

....I'm not looking to cause more trouble for Salvinos ( they do enough of that on their own) , but I've seen a couple of post about part fit and kits being difficult to build. I have one but only cracked the plastic, can someone point me to a discussion about the issues? Or enlighten me? ..deadhorse
DaveVan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A well known magazine writer who now does builds on Youtube started to build the first issue of the kit. He said ALL holes where parts had pins had to be modified. And each panel needed to be fitted. He posted part one right when the kits came out. I was waiting for the rest before attempting one....but he has never done anything else on the kits. Make of that what you will.
spooker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few assembly tips in this thread: http://randyayersmodeling.com/modelingforum/viewtopic.php?t=6269

And, yes, ALL holes and location bosses need to be checked and re-sized to fit together, just like the Petty Plymouth.
bighoo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Salvinos modified kit issues... Reply with quote

Crime Dog wrote:
....I'm not looking to cause more trouble for Salvinos ( they do enough of that on their own) , but I've seen a couple of post about part fit and kits being difficult to build. I have one but only cracked the plastic, can someone point me to a discussion about the issues? Or enlighten me? ..deadhorse

The kits are not really that bad. At least in my opinion. I suggest you start by opening all the mounting holes a tad larger. I cut off the lower belt assembly on the engine as it hits the front suspension. Most of all test fit, test fit, test fit. I have a few more tips on the post of my Keith Rocco build.

http://www.randyayersmodeling.com/modelingforum/viewtopic.php?t=6386
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: