Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A bit of alternate history

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razorback 46

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:46 pm    Post subject: A bit of alternate history Reply with quote

So, I had another post about Bobby Allison stating that his contract with the Stavola Bros. ran through 1990 when he planned to retire. if Bobby had been hit in the left-rear or left-front instead of right in the door in '88, he may have been fine. Just thought it might be interesting to see how things may have played out.

-------------------------

So let's rewind to 1988 at Pocono. We just found out that Bobby Allison has been hit by Jocko Maggiacomo pretty hard in the left rear. Bobby's a little bruised up and dizzy but climbs out of the Miller High Life Buick, looks at the damage, and knows his day is done.

"Yeah, we got hit pretty hard in the left-rear. We're doin' OK so we'll be back next week ready to go for a win at Michigan."

So Bobby has a pretty decent 1988 season followed by another strong run in 1989. Bobby soon announces that 1990 will be his final NASCAR Winston Cup season. The Miller brewing company also announces that starting in 1991, they will sponsor 1989 champion Rusty Wallace. In the meantime, they will begin promoting their Genuine Draft brand on Allison's and Bobby Hillin Jr.'s Buicks.

After struggling financially throughout their championship campaign, the Blue Max team signs a 1 year deal with Mobil 1 to go from associate to primary sponsor for the #27 Pontiac in 1990.

Vdc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spotted these, great looking cars. And I do have a spare Buick kit. Could fit alongside my Twix car even.

The 27, to me it's colours look very non NASCAR for some reason. More like an Aus V8.

And what about a red Havoline what if.

If Davey Allison did use the red #11 Budweiser car that was loaned to the team, how would it look? That would be a cool mock up to view.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: