Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Petty 1970 Torino

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shepard327

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 3:30 pm    Post subject: Petty 1970 Torino Reply with quote

Does anybody know what happened to the 70 Torino Petty's were prepping before the return to Plymouth??????
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Petty 1970 Torino Reply with quote

Shepard327 wrote:
Does anybody know what happened to the 70 Torino Petty's were prepping before the return to Plymouth??????

All the evidence points to it ending up getting scrapped. It was on the inventory as available to be claimed after Ford pulled out but the Pettys modified the chassis to accept Mopar springs, rear axle housings, and other stuff as well as changing the front suspension geometry around. The paperwork is incomplete but at least one of the two Petty cars was sent to Ford for crash testing and I wouldn't be shocked if that same fate befell both cars.
Shepard327

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You Tom.
I wondered if it was the light blue Torino Wendell drove. That would make a interesting STP phantom build. Laughing
jh63fan

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew some of the guys that worked at P.E. back then and they said they didn't know what happened to the Torino, but Wendell or anyone else never used it in the Cup series. I suspect what Tom said is correct. Plymouth probably didn't want them helping a Ford driver that openly.
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shepard327 wrote:
Thank You Tom.
I wondered if it was the light blue Torino Wendell drove. That would make a interesting STP phantom build. Laughing

Wendell's light blue Torino was his ex-Benny Parsons Torino, reskinned after the Trenton crash. Started life as Parnelli's Riverside-winning Fairlane if I recall correctly.
Shepard327

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom M. wrote:
Shepard327 wrote:
Thank You Tom.

Wendell's light blue Torino was his ex-Benny Parsons Torino, reskinned after the Trenton crash. Started life as Parnelli's Riverside-winning Fairlane if I recall correctly.

Is that the one that was bent all to heck?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: