Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1989 #10 Ken Bouchard Simoniz Pontiac

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lefty1820

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:14 am    Post subject: 1989 #10 Ken Bouchard Simoniz Pontiac Reply with quote

Raise your paint brush if you have this one on display!

As raced at the 1989 Daytona 500 to a 16th place finish

Monogram kit
JNJ decals 89-166
Door numbers, Simoniz, and blue/white stripes. headlight/tail light #s printed off my HP 7855 Printer.
Took a few liberties as far as tail light panel goes having no pic reference to go by.
Tamiya TS-36 Fluorescent red over MM flat white.
Powerslide Hoosier tire decals.

Razorback 46

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work!!
Henryjint

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nicely done!!
bighoo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I like obscure builds - and this one is definitely obscure. Looks great
Crime Dog

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very nice!!

That race had a few obscure cars. Kyle Petty in the 23 car. Ben Hess in his ARCA winning car, Mickey Gibbs in the #67 Alka Seltzer car ( I think it was Gibbs).
Interesting race as Goodyear pulled the plug on their tires and everyone was on Hoosiers, some with the Hoosier fender decals, some not.

You can watch it on Youtube, Ken Squire, Chris Economacki (spl?) and Ned Jarrett I believe, if I remember correctly , a very young Mike Joy was doing pit reporting.
elcejay

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there lefty, I had not seen that one before! Thanks for sharing. Nice livery and lovely build. Thanks for sharing. Crime dog now has me on the hunt for the other unique schemes from the race!
Crime Dog

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elcejay wrote:
Hey there lefty, I had not seen that one before! Thanks for sharing. Nice livery and lovely build. Thanks for sharing. Crime dog now has me on the hunt for the other unique schemes from the race!

Petty failed to qualify and was in the Eddie Bierschwale car. It retained the 23 but had the Peak and Uniden decals on it. I've found some B&W pix of it,, but no color pix. I think Eddie started it, but Kyle got in it at 1st caution and finished 10th. CBS completely ignored it during the race. Most of the attention was paid to Jody Ridley as Bill Elliott's replacement, he was a complete non factor.

Mickey Gibbs car had the usual Alka Seltzer Robin Blue paint scheme, and if you look closely it looks as if the 52 has just been numbered over with the 67.

As far as I can tell, Ben Hess just entered the 40 ARCA winner in the same livery, in fact the Daytona year book suggests it was the exact same car.

The ARCA race had some interesting entries as well.
George Andrews

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I recall the Goodyear vs. Hoosier tire deal was a HOT topic all through Speed Weeks. Dave Marcis was the only driver to stay on Goodyears, and he would finish 20th. Funny that nowadays on the interview shows & podcasts, Darrell Waltrip never mentions winning the Daytona 500 on Hoosier tires. Among the Hendrick Motorsports cars present, only Darrell's car was without a Hoosier tire decal on the front fenders.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking build. Very clean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: