Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1957 Supercharged Ford Convertible Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjsipes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:31 pm    Post subject: 1957 Supercharged Ford Convertible Questions Reply with quote

Thinking about building a Nascar Convertible and was wondering about the exhaust for the 1957 Daytona race. Did the cars have stock exhaust? I know some ran then exhaust up and through the trunks but was it all stock from manifolds back to where it turned up? I was looking at the AMT 1957 Fairlane, easy enough to cut the roof off but, was looking at the chassis and seen the molded exhaust. Remove molded exhaust?

It looks like maybe some of the Fords were supercharged and some were not at Daytona? I figured I could take the supercharger from the Revell 57 Roberts kit and apply it to the AMT Fairlane engine.

Any helpful insight would be greatly appreciated.
Racer14

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the 57's I have built, I kept the stock system and replaced the muffler with straight tube. Then I made the pipes to end at the the wall of the trunk floor just behind the rear axle. Then I put some tubes through the taillight covers where the exhaust exited. The AMT kit is tougher to build with the molded in exhaust. I adapted a Revell chassis on to the AMT hardtop that I made into a convertible.
The fuel injection was used on the factory cars until just before midyear before NASCAR outlawed it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: