Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Attaching Nextgen Camaro Body to chassis without glue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkJ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:33 pm    Post subject: Attaching Nextgen Camaro Body to chassis without glue Reply with quote

You can do this if you make a piece of styrene 1 and 1/8 of an inch wide. 1/4 inch deep and 1/16 of an inch thick. glue it to the inside bottom of the front of the body and add some reinforcement squares on either side of it. The pictures below show how it looks. What happens is the piece you make slides under the radiator duct when you attach the body to the chassis. You put it on a little bit in front and slide the body back trapping the piece under the duct which holds everything together. You are now free to remove the body anytime you want to reveal the chassis.

MarkJ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It helps to sharpen the edge a little that slides under the duct. Either trim it with a knife or sand it sharp.
jwhop3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to do the same with Evergreen L Channel. I would run it inside the side panels right below where the chassis sat inside the body. This would clip the frame rails to the side and hold the body in place, put if you pull the body out a little, it can be lifted up.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwhop3 wrote:
I used to do the same with Evergreen L Channel. I would run it inside the side panels right below where the chassis sat inside the body. This would clip the frame rails to the side and hold the body in place, put if you pull the body out a little, it can be lifted up.

Yes, its nice to have the body removable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: