Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Salvino 2+2 revised rear bumper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kurth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:38 am    Post subject: Salvino 2+2 revised rear bumper Reply with quote

I saw a video where the presenter opened a new Salvino's kit .. and the revised rear bumper for the 2+2 was included in the kit ... on a new parts tree with some other part. I can not find the video again, so I can not recall all the details.

Any way, is this new parts tree available separately from Salvinos? I have several 2+2 kits and would love to have the corrected bumper.
truedeadman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact Doug Mitchell at doug@salvino.us Tell him how many you need and he can sell you the amount you need.
Gary66
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
he can sell you the amount you need

That's nice. Should offer them for free to those of us who bought the kit. Screw up the bumper, sell the kits, then offer to sell the corrected part. Nice.
Shadetree Modeler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently on Facebook I read where they charged a guy $8 shipping for a part that was missing from his $45 kit. Confused Shocked
18degrees

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one in the Bobby Allison flat hood charger. It was on the tree with the new hood. Didn’t get one with the Baker flat hood one though.
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

18degrees wrote:
I got one in the Bobby Allison flat hood charger. It was on the tree with the new hood. Didn’t get one with the Baker flat hood one though.

They were supposed to be removed from the tree on all the flat hood Chargers that went into normal hobby distribution, they only went out in kits destined for club members. But some apparently slipped through.
Gary66
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They were supposed to be removed from the tree on all the flat hood Chargers that went into normal hobby distribution, they only went out in kits destined for club members. But some apparently slipped through.

It would be nice if they would put the same effort into getting it right the first time as they did to tool up a part on a different kit tree, run it, then plug the tool, and run it again. I mean, that's going over and above to stick it to non-glee club members. Well done .
kurth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truedeadman wrote:
Contact Doug Mitchell at doug@salvino.us Tell him how many you need and he can sell you the amount you need.

Thanks. I will count my 2+2 kits and get in touch with him.
18degrees

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom M. wrote:
18degrees wrote:

Mine came from Mike’s
Crime Dog

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary66 wrote:
Quote:

It would be nice if they would put the same effort into getting it right the first time as they did to tool up a part on a different kit tree, run it, then plug the tool, and run it again. I mean, that's going over and above to stick it to non-glee club members. Well done .

Just reading between the lines here, but guessing you're not a big fan of Salvinos?
Its difficult to argue that they've made a few mistakes, I m reluctant to spend much money with them as well.
Makes me wonder how many more missteps they'll be allowed to get away with, especially considering the cost of new kits.
Crime Dog

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary66 wrote:
Quote:

Just reading between the lines here, but guessing you're not a big fan of Salvinos?
Its difficult to argue that they've made a few mistakes, I m reluctant to spend much money with them as well.
Makes me wonder how many more missteps they'll be allowed to get away with, especially considering the cost of new kits.
I sure WANT to like what they offer!
Gary66
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
guessing you're not a big fan of Salvinos?

Don't like their attitude and standard reply of "start your own model company".
spooker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Gary said! For the money they charge, product should be MUCH better. Service (& attitude) should also be better, no matter the money involved. I still only own 1 of their kits, I have seen most of their line thru friends and so far have found other (better) places for my model money to go. Most of the kits I am interested in (Grayside) all have too many problems or shortcomings (shortcuts?) to pry my $$ loose. Their current style kits ARE better but not my thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: