Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bobby Allison's ''What If'' 1990 Buick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razorback 46

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:22 pm    Post subject: Bobby Allison's ''What If'' 1990 Buick Reply with quote

I recently read a forum post where someone said they met Bobby and asked how long he would have raced had he not had his career ending crash in 1988. Bobby said he would have finished out his contract with the Stavola Bros. and retired after 1990. Since the Stavola Bros. had been a 2 car operation since the mid 80s where both cars shared the same sponsor, I figured they would have followed suit when they switched sponsorship to Snickers.

May do a build for this sometime in the future.

EDIT: Found the Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/NASCAR/comments/3pzi9f/if_bobby_allison_didnt_have_that_pocono_crash/

Last edited by Razorback 46 on Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
George Andrews

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several of those Buicks ended up in the Winston West series; at least one in full Snickers graphics but renumbered as Jack Sellers' # 44, with Dad's Root Beer sponsorship. Also a ex - PE2 Hot Wheels Pontiac, still painted & numbered 44.
Maybe some day I'll scan my photos of some of the Cup cars that became WW Hand - Me - Downs, including Sabco Racings 1st built car - NUMERO UNO Chevy , as delineated by the dashboard plaque.
Crime Dog

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the what if stuff, I have all sorts of plans for what if/one off stuff.
Of course hardly a single ones been built!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: