Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For you truck guys...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:58 pm    Post subject: For you truck guys... Reply with quote

I have a 2001 S10 that is pretty good condition. It's 4.3 liter, auto, AC, never wrecked, premium wheels, manual windows, single cd player. The interior is in good shape with wear but no tears. It has 74,000 miles and was never a "work" truck but spent 99% of it's life as a daily driver to my office job. It runs and drivers great. I do need an ABS module but that is <$400. It rarely gets driven any distance but I take it out every week and drive it around till it gets up to temp. I recently redid the brakes, changed trans fluid and fixed an evap SES code which included dropping the fuel tank. I talked to a dealer about trading in in and he said it was worth perhaps $2000 which I know is BS. Is this a desirable vehicle and any guess what a reasonable price would be?
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those never achieved the enduring popularity of the square firstgen S-10. A regular cab with those miles would probably bring in the vicinity of $5K-$7K on Ebay Motors, the extended cabs seem to bring about 15% more and a nicely modded truck (wheels, tires, stereo, nice paint) will often crack $10K up for the low mileage ones.
jh63fan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say at least double what was offered. I have 4 of this style truck, from 1986 to 2002. I have a 4.3 1999 with 102k miles and a set of IROC Camaro wheels and upgraded sound system. I had no problem turning down an offer for $5,000.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: