Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STP red color?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RTDaddy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:13 pm    Post subject: STP red color? Reply with quote

Saw the post on what to use for Petty Blue, what is everyone doing for the "STP red?"
jjsipes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I build my Petty cars, I use Tamiya Fluorescent Red with a light coat of Tamiya Fluorescent Orange over top the Red.

free image hosting site
hurricane21

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any brand's flourescent red will work. I ordered some from Montana Colors which works great. It was less than $10 and I think I was able to do 8 or 10 different cars with the one can.
lefty1820

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:40 pm    Post subject: NIce Reply with quote

You nailed it with the red! Beautiful!

May has well give us your blue color choices as well? Got a few late 80s/90s King Richard builds coming up.

Lefty
jh63fan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are using spray cans, a lot of builders use Tamiya TS-23 blue over grey primer to tone it down a bit.
jjsipes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: NIce Reply with quote

I simply used Testors AMC Big Bad Blue Lacquer on my Petty cars. When I painted these I hadn't found the Tamiya TS-23 that everyone has been using. To keep all my Petty's close to the same color and since Testors no longer has the Big Bad Blue in the paint line, I have used Scale Finishes AMC Big Bad Blue and it matches the Testors. But now I have seen firsthand that the Scale Finishes line of enamel paints do not work with the Tamiya Primer that I use. Need to find another primer to use I guess.

lefty1820 wrote:
You nailed it with the red! Beautiful!

May has well give us your blue color choices as well? Got a few late 80s/90s King Richard builds coming up.

Lefty
Rocketman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use tamiya Florescent Red spray rattle can over white primer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: