Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1992 Brett Bodine #26 Quaker State Ford

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:50 pm    Post subject: 1992 Brett Bodine #26 Quaker State Ford Reply with quote

This is a build I finished back in 2017 but never shared here. This is a very important car to me. Back in the summer of 1992, I was 7 years old and had gone to a comic book store with my brother in Peekskill, NY. They had begun stocking the Matchbox 1/64 NASCAR diecast and my brother bought me this one, because it was green, my favorite color. It would be the first NASCAR item in my collection, but many others would soon join it. Some 6500 more 1/64 diecast, an unknown number of models, publications, and VHS tapes, and about 36,000 trading cards...it all started here.

Building the model was a challenge. There were no decals for the 1992 version of Brett's car. AMT produced decals for the 1993 version, which was the only version of the car from Brett's time driving it that had decals available at the time. I had to backdate them by changing the contingencies. I also had to double them up, but luckily the AMT decals fit perfectly on the Monogram kit. Each contingency was placed separately and nearly a dozen sheets contributed, even pulling out some JNJ stuff.

Painting it was also a challenge because Testors Green is nearly impossible to lay down with any quality, it's probably the worst color to spray they offer. The white is Tamiya white primer which I clearcoated.

When I finished it, it was the 100th NASCAR plastic model I had built, and my only model completed in 2017.

Henryjint

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nicely done!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: