Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1991 Hut Stricklin Raybestos Buick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:41 pm    Post subject: 1991 Hut Stricklin Raybestos Buick Reply with quote

I was thinking about this bodystyle, the last Buick that ran in NASCAR, and realized that there are very few decals available to build. I also realized I had never built a Cup car using it, so I decided to build one of the 2 that Monogram issued. I really wish, in retrospect, that I had masked the stripe that goes around the bottom of the car. The kit decals are somewhat translucent (and somewhat too big) and if it had come out better I probably would have doubled them. But it didn't, so I didn't bother. Other than the Winston and Busch contingencies, which are Cherry Run decals, and the tire decals which are Powerslide, it's all Monogram here...one of the rare instances where I actually use kit decals. Paint is Tamiya Pure White and TS19 metallic blue.
Hut drove this Buick for Bobby Allison for the 1991 season, with a best finish of 2nd at the first Michigan race. It was the final season that Buick was an official factory supported effort in the Cup series, the team, with largely the same paint scheme, would switch to Chevrolet and later Ford for the 1992 season.

Razorback 46

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work!! And I totally agree about the decals. Seems like there were a lot of kits from that time where Monogram didn't scale them down quite enough. You did a nice job making it work though.
Henryjint

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nicely done!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: