Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pledge/Future -Whateverthenewnameis Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ak-fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:41 pm    Post subject: Pledge/Future -Whateverthenewnameis Question Reply with quote

Anyone have any idea what is going on with Future/Pledge or whatever the current name may be? It’s unobtainable in big box food and grocery stores. It’s unobtainable on Amazon. On eBay, I can buy a 1.75 liter bottle of good bourbon for less than some are charging for a single bottle of Pledge (actually I may have just found my alternative…) Is it supply chain? The Russians? Everyone in China shining up their floors in lockdown? A new cure for COVID?
DaveVan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure it's Putin\s fault!!!!!
SC Johnson says they still make it. I know some cat food manufactures are not able to get the tins they use. Maybe Johnson is having issues with ingredients or packaging. I'll check when I go to town as my WM had it not long ago.
BadDad5

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also check your local hardware store and even just a general grocery store..
I live in a small town and its always on the shelves at these places...
Retro_Racing_Replicas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:58 pm    Post subject: Future...for the Future! Reply with quote

I bought three bottles from Wally's Mart...before all this came along.

Gerald don't want it...more for us! Laughing
AndyS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seem to be other, similar products on the market.
Has anybody tried this stuff?
https://www.homedepot.com/p/QUICK-SHINE-64-oz-Floor-Finish-51590/203488484
Retro_Racing_Replicas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:37 pm    Post subject: saw it too Reply with quote

saw the quick shine before and saw Future in the commercials, and thinking now where did they get the idea to use floor wax on models.
ALLGAIER7

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried the quick shine it was milky and didn't seem to grab the paint. Gave Lundmark super gloss this morning. It's milky in the bottle but brushed on clear and glossed well. Used a heat gun to accelerate it a little. So far so good
MarkJ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Pledge/Future -Whateverthenewnameis Question Reply with quote

ak-fan wrote:
Anyone have any idea what is going on with Future/Pledge or whatever the current name may be? It’s unobtainable in big box food and grocery stores. It’s unobtainable on Amazon. On eBay, I can buy a 1.75 liter bottle of good bourbon for less than some are charging for a single bottle of Pledge (actually I may have just found my alternative…) Is it supply chain? The Russians? Everyone in China shining up their floors in lockdown? A new cure for COVID?

I bought some a long time ago at Krogers, but it already had the pledge name, and it came in the same bottle the future came in. Still works great. I call it the modelers best friend. I love the stuff and have never used it on floors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: