Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Photos of the "Evernham Collection"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C5HM

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:16 pm    Post subject: Photos of the "Evernham Collection" Reply with quote

Follow this link to lots of good detail pictures of the "darkside cars" in Evernham's collection. (I am more than a little P.O.ed at the only passing reference to Greg K. and his nearly 30 years of work on the chassis in the DC-93 section.)
https://www.mecum.com/auctions/indianapolis-2022/collections/ray-evernham-collection/
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting....
Henryjint

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting!!!
George Andrews

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOH !!! WOOF !!! I really MUST HAVE that 1972 Monte Carlo that Jack Ingram Drove !!! ..drool ..drool Will they take a CHECK ??? Does it have to be GOOD ??? Laughing
bangor boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some glorious cars there.

Great pics, too. Appreciate the close ups of Pearson's '68 Torino. Real craftsmanship in every inch of that car.
C5HM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bangor boy wrote:

Great pics, too. Appreciate the close ups of Pearson's '68 Torino. Real craftsmanship in every inch of that car.

The #17 is a beauty....BUT...there are many things that are NOT period correct about its configuration. Lots of underhood stuff is wrong for example. So, I would not rely exclusively on it for accurate details.

That said, it is one of the two known 1968 H&M Torinos in existence (there are several replicas out there). The other one is sitting in my garage. Interestingly, both of those real deal cars started out as 1967 H&M Fairlanes.
Bill J

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great collection. I would really like to own the Dan Gueney special edition Mercury Spoiler II. I could actually drive that one on Sunday mornings, early Smile
Toys4Don

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m pretty partial to the Harry Gant Chevelle!!
bangor boy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C5HM wrote:
bangor boy wrote:

The #17 is a beauty....BUT...there are many things that are NOT period correct about its configuration. Lots of underhood stuff is wrong for example. So, I would not rely exclusively on it for accurate details.

That said, it is one of the two known 1968 H&M Torinos in existence (there are several replicas out there). The other one is sitting in my garage. Interestingly, both of those real deal cars started out as 1967 H&M Fairlanes.

What would be the major issues with underhood details, John? I am just building just a model of the car - well two are planned, one in plastic, one in diecast - and any advice on what to look for or avoid would be appreciated.
C5HM

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bangor boy wrote:
C5HM wrote:
bangor boy wrote:

Easier to post a shot of what the cars actually looked like under the hood. Then you can compare. I have some. But do not have a photo hosting account. If someone share their e mail address I will send those shots. Hopefully someone an then post the shots here.

What would be the major issues with underhood details, John? I am just building just a model of the car - well two are planned, one in plastic, one in diecast - and any advice on what to look for or avoid would be appreciated.
C5HM

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre has offered to post some under hood shots of H&M Torinos and Cyclones. THANKS Pierre!
Pierre Rivard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the pictures from John
[url
[/url
[url
[/url
[url
[/url
[url
[/url
C5HM

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS for posting! If you compare the shots posted with the under hood shots of the Pearson auction car you will note many differences. The valve covers, the use of s single four barrel carb, the lack of panels between the under hood halo bar and the fenders are just a few that stock out. The use of braided steel line and Yellow Monroe shocks (they should be black or dark blue) is also incorrect. One other thing. The earliest 68 HM Torinos were rebodied 67 Fairlanes. As a result, they carried their batteries in the "stock" right front position. Later, purpose built 68 and then 69 HM Torinos moved the batter to a cove in the foot well behind the left front tire. Based on the large braided steel line on the Pearson car (running along the right side under hood halo bar), it also appears the car has been fitted with a dry sump oiling system which is also incorrect.
bangor boy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both, John et Pierre, for putting this together. Some great shots here and very informative for anyone looking to do the '68 car.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: