Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1963 Richard Petty Plymouth Savoy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjsipes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:05 pm    Post subject: 1963 Richard Petty Plymouth Savoy Reply with quote

Just completed my build of the 1963 Plymouth Savoy driven by Richard Petty. Couldn't really find much information on this car and it is one that I haven't seen built much. Started with an old build that I got off Ebay of a Johan 1963 Plymouth Fury. Had to sand the body down after someone had painted, build and torn apart and stripped. Cut sheet plastic, scribed door lines into the what would become the "B" pillar to make a Sedan out of the Hardtop body. Took all Fury trim off, filled in the rear body panel using the piece from the 1964 Petty Plymouth Lindberg kit. Interior is a best guess on my part using the Johan 63 dash, Lindberg 64 interior and rollcage. I used the chassis, engine from the Lindberg kit as well. Primed, painted with Testors Bid Bad Blue. Powerslide decals, PPP wheels and tires. Had to modify the hood call outs on the Powerslide decals as they were only for the white hood version. I handpainted over the all blue 358 hp decal, not perfect but will do.

Michael F

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful from any angle !!

Very nice and clean build !
Pierre Rivard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely superb in detailing and finish.
I have followed your wip of this project with great interest and the final result is outstanding.
beavis
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notworthy
bangor boy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really cool model of this race car. Since the first ever car I owned was a similarly bodied electric blue '63 Plymouth Valiant Signet, and I was a Petty fan, I've always been fond of it.

And one of those overlooked cars. Petty won 14 races with this car, setting the stage for his first title in '64 and a dominant run through '67 and his second title.

Found this shot of a slight variation on the theme - Richard driving a #42 version of the car to 3rd at the '63 Rebel 300.

Toys4Don

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turned out great!!
jjsipes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for the comments.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how this got past me but what an Awesome build, J.J. Super clean and beautiful build. Don't see many 63 Plymouths. You can see how they did some aero work on the 64 to make it go through the air better. and the Hemi didn't hurt having under the hood either. I wonder how much speed was picked up from the 63 Daytona 500 to the 64 Daytona 500. I bet it was a lot.
Henryjint

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding build!! Very nicely done!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: