Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BEWARE... If you order from Hobby Wheels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slotcar_fever

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:13 pm    Post subject: BEWARE... If you order from Hobby Wheels Reply with quote

I ordered a 2022 Camaro from Hobb Wheels, that they said they had in stock, back in January. I have sent them 3 email messages and they have not responded to any of them. Just a warning to beware when ordering from them.
tomcat65

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll add to this. Hobby Wheels is one on the alternate DBAs of Internet Hobbies. IH has multiple complaints against it with the Better Business Bureau. They have a site for most of the genres of plastic models.

Hopefully you can get your money back. If you want a Salvino's 2022 NextGen Camaro. Wes's Model Car Corner & Mike's Decals are still taking pre-orders of the "Rollout" car kit. Both only have a few left of their allotment from Salvino's. And you can pre-order the 4 Hendrick "main scheme" cars from Salvino's & other sources. The 2022 Camaro is currently at the mold makers. And the "rollout" car & the #9 NAPA is to be shipped towards the end of March.

Thomas
Matt T.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you paid with PayPal, submit a claim ASAP. You have 90 days from purchase to report it.

Also, avoid Internet Hobbies and all their DBAs. Stick to reputable outlets that we all know, use, and trust.
spooker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they are part of a "web" of companies, and I use the word web purposely. I had one episode dealing with Internet Hobbies, took intervention from my CC company to resolve.
Henryjint

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost about $45 on a 'available' military kit ordered from Internet Hobbies a few years ago. Kept giving excuses and never refunded my money. I waited for it so long that my bank could not help me recover my money.
Clyde Sledge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to be that guy, but why would you believe a site thst says they have the 2022 kits in stock when Salvinos has said multiple times and it's been posted multiple times those kits aren't even going to be available any earlier than end of March?
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOVEMBER 24, 2021

HARRISBURG – Attorney General Josh Shapiro announced today that the Office of Attorney General has filed a complaint against Internet Hobbies, LLC and Hobby Models, LLC, two online shops operated by co-defendants Dale and Diane Bruner. The complaint alleges that the defendants consistently failed to deliver products and failed to refund consumers’ money, violating the Commonwealth’s Consumer Protection Law.

“Pennsylvanians need to be on alert for scammers this holiday season,” said AG Shapiro. “We’re suing Internet Hobbies for making a hobby out of scamming Pennsylvanians. We’re determined to get people their money back, and to stop this company from operating in our Commonwealth.”

The lawsuit alleges that despite being more than two years behind on fulfilling some consumers’ orders, the defendants have continued to accept orders and collect money. When consumers reached out to inquire about the status of their orders, the defendants allegedly either ignored the consumers or provided excuses after excuses. When other consumers would request refunds from the defendants for undelivered items, the defendants allegedly often refused to issue refunds, or informed consumers that they had been provided refunds, but never sent them.

The lawsuit seeks a court order for the defendants to pay restitution to customers who have suffered losses as a result of the defendants’ conduct, to stop doing business in Pennsylvania, and pay civil penalties for each violation of the Consumer Protection Law.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: