Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fantasy Cup 2022 - Race 1 - La Crosse Fairgrounds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razorback 46

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:00 pm    Post subject: Fantasy Cup 2022 - Race 1 - La Crosse Fairgrounds Reply with quote

Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrOemQaEJGU&list=PL0yIiJlHJELM2bCntd8VwQFdvGjQqEfVK

DK: And it's time to kickstart another exciting season of Fantasy Cup Series racing! It's been a long off season but this year's 9 drivers are suited up and on the grid for the start of the Menards 200. Hello again, everyone, I'm Dave Knight. And with me as always, 3-time NASCAR champion and Hall of Famer Darrell Waltrip. Welcome to the La Crosse Fairgrounds Speedway in beautiful West Salem, Wisconsin.

DW: Dave, I woke up this morning and I had the itch. I'm itchin' to see these 9 drivers mix it up and kick off this season with a heck of a show!

DK: And with that, we go trackside for opening ceremonies.

Ladies and gentlemen, please rise for the playing of our national anthem.

https://youtu.be/G0GFqrCcwes?t=10

And now, race fans, it's time for the most famopus words in motorsports. Please welcome our grand Marshal, former NASCAR competitor, Wisconsin's own Dave Marcis!

DM: Lady and gentlemen, start your engines!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTC5evb1a4o

DK: As the engines fire, let's meet the competitors for the 2022 Fantasy Cup Series.

DK: On the pole, driving for the Brew Dog Motorsports family, Ken Wallace alongside the number 56 Buick of sportsman series veteran, Linda Lou Godlewski.

DK: On the 2nd row, we've got a couple of past series champions. Keith Wallace starts 3rd in the Wallace Brewing Ford with JR "Razorback" Sealey in 4th driving the GM Goodwrench Pontiac.

DK: Row 3, we've got dirt racer Sheldon Hatterfield in the number 17 Nos Energy Ford, alongside the Heinz 57 Chevrolet of Sans.

DK: In the 4th row we've got 2-time late model champ "Wild Bill" Godlewski followed by defending Fantasy Cup champion Tim "T" Wallace.

DK: And last but not least starting 9th, it's series veteran Lee "Spud" Loggins in the number 5 Kool-Aid Thunderbird.

Green Flag

DW: Boogity boogity boogity! Let's go racin' in 2022!

DK: And Ken Wallace gets a good jump on Linda Lou Godlewski. He's got a car lenght advantage as they approach the back straightaway. Sans already taking it 3 wide with JR Sealey and Keith Wallace.

DW: And his son Ken's gonna hold serve as he comes off turn 4 to lead the first lap of the season!

Lap 40

DW: Take a look at Wild Bill here! He's going high out of 2.

DK: Sans throws the block. Not gonna work, Godlewski drops to the inside and dips a nose in. He's gonna pick up the 5th spot.

DW: That's a veteran move and the rookie just got a lesson in racing 101.

Lap 71

DK: And a spin in turns 3 and 4! That's the 17 of Sheldon Hatterfield. He'll keep it off the wall but he's gonna lose a ton of spots.

DW: I think he had the right rear tire go down. Heck of a job gathering it up.

Lap 106

DK: Here we go 3 wide again for the lead. Keith Wallace shoots the gap between Linda Lou Godlewski and his son Ken.

DW: Dad showin' him how it's done as he takes the lead!

Lap 161

DK: And more woes for the 17 team. Sheldon Hatterfield just came over the radio and said he thinks he lost a cylinder. He's gonna come into the pits and take it to the hauler.

Lap 188

DW: Wild Bill just put a heck of a crossover move on ol' Razorback. Godlewski to 4th!

DK: And Sealey also being challenged by his driver Sans. He's gonna follow Godlewski on the inside and shuffle the boss to the outside for the 5th spot.

White Flag

DK: And it's down to 1 lap to go. Linda Lou Godlewski trails Keith Wallace by a couple car lengths as they thunder down the back stretch for the final time. He hugs the inside and comes off of turn 4. Keith Wallace will win the Menards 200 to kick off the 2022 season here at La Crosse.

DW: He took that lead back on lap 106 and never looked back. That's a champion right there. Way to go for that team!

DK: And here's the final results.

1. 23 - Keith Wallace
2. 56 - Linda Lou Godlewski
3. 14 - Ken Wallace
4. 72 - Bill Godlewski
5. 57 - Sans
6. 46 - JR Sealey
7. 11 - Tim Wallace
8. 5 - Lee Loggons
9. 17 - Sheldon Hatterfield (Out)

DW: What a show, Dave! Drivers goin' 3 wide throughout the day. Pretty clean race overall.

DK: And with that we thank all of you for tuning in. For Darrell Waltrip, I'm Dave Knight. We'll see you next week on the dirt at Knoxville for the Winnebago 100.

Last edited by Razorback 46 on Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Keith Wallace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My team was super today ! Great start for the season.
Lee "Spud" Lo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, never could get the handle on the old Kool Aid ride. Hope for better luck next week.
18degrees

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, looks like the #17 has to put a call in to Gaerte for a fresh powerplant before the next race.

Is it too early in the season for a protest? Are the cars that aren’t displaying Fantasy Cup contingency decals eligible for points? 🤣
Crime Dog

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhhh...what is this exactly?
Lee "Spud" Lo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crime Dog wrote:
Uhhh...what is this exactly?

A fantasy race series where you build a fictional car, and positions are randomly drawn. Razorback then writes a fictional story as to how the race took place. Just something for fun.
wildbill72

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just awesome! Thanks Razorback for all your efforts. ..applause ..pitstop

WILD Bill Motorsports, LLC
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not even a participant but I read the narrative for every race. Just good old fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: