Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pearson 64 dodge with 65 front

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ediskrad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:07 pm    Post subject: Pearson 64 dodge with 65 front Reply with quote

I saw this car at Gvl-Pickens speedway in 66(?). Pearson 64 dodge from cowl back and 65 front fenders, grille, etc. Vertical strips of tape were placed on rear to simulate 65 style tail lights. I ran across a mention of this car not long ago on the web but can't find it. I think it would be an interesting build. Anyone have any knowledge of this?
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The car was raced that way into '67 (!). A freelance writer named Jim Wright (probably a friend of Brock Yates, who was a friend of Cotton's) drove it in a one-off ride at Richmond in April of '67. There are some photos of that car in a Popular Mechanics (or Mechanix Illustrated, I can't recall now) issue where Wright's story was published. Wright mentions in the story that the NASCAR officials weren't happy with the car being so poorly converted from a '64 and told them to not bring it back like that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: