Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rex white

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tcart77

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:45 pm    Post subject: Rex white Reply with quote

Getting ready to start rex whites 1959 impala, the all white idlewild homes Daytona car. Anyone know what color interior was? Only pics I have seen are black and white
Thanks for any help
Racer14

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dash, seat and door panels are red. The floor is white. There is a pic of it (as a convertible for 60 Darlington) in Mike Clement's book that shows the interior.
hurricane21

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jumping in on this to ask another Rex White question from that era. I’m starting his 61 Impala. I’m having trouble finding reference pics the show the underside of the car or the engine compartment. Everything in the passenger area is white, sans the dash and seat. But is the underside and engine area also white? I’m looking for an exact recreation but I want to get some of the basics correct. I’m new to building early 60’s stuff. I can’t imagine stripping the chassis all the way down and painting it white but I certainly could be wrong.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hurricane21 wrote:
Jumping in on this to ask another Rex White question from that era. I’m starting his 61 Impala. I’m having trouble finding reference pics the show the underside of the car or the engine compartment. Everything in the passenger area is white, sans the dash and seat. But is the underside and engine area also white? I’m looking for an exact recreation but I want to get some of the basics correct. I’m new to building early 60’s stuff. I can’t imagine stripping the chassis all the way down and painting it white but I certainly could be wrong.

I built a 61 Rex White
Chevy and can p.m. you some pictures of it. i know its correct because I got all my info about it from Mike Clements back when I built it. Just say the word and I will send you pictures of anything about it you would like. I have built every Rex White car he drove from his 1956 daytona beach racer to his 1955 sportsman chevy which he drove at the end of his Grand National career after he drove the Bud Moore Mercury in 1964.
hurricane21

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkJ - That would be great. I'm just tring to get the basics of the engine compartment and undercarriage. I'm not doing anything with the trunk area.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hurricane21 wrote:
MarkJ - That would be great. I'm just tring to get the basics of the engine compartment and undercarriage. I'm not doing anything with the trunk area.

Hurricane, P.M. sent. I thought I had some interior shots but they went away when this site shutdown a few years ago. I lost a lot of my wips there.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurricane, check your P.M. again. I found some interior shots of the Rex White Chevy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: