Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FOR SALE 60+ Books covering stock cars, Indy, drag racing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Trading Post
View previous topic :: View next topic  
replicas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:01 am    Post subject: FOR SALE 60+ Books covering stock cars, Indy, drag racing Reply with quote

I have about 60+ hardcover books on stock car, indy racing. mostly looked at once and put on the shelf. Many have dust jackets in great shape, dry smoke free environment, not all pictured.
Have 2 thicker books called The dust and the glory, Ford racing history 2 volumes
Have Holman/Moody, The legendary race team, NASCAR wild years, 40 Years of stock car racing, 2 volumes, Indianapolis Roadsters 52-64.
the above listed books are the more expensive ones, most others would be $5 to $10 each if sold separately.
due to weight, pickup would be best.
the 2 ford racing books i have have seen selling at $150, holman moody seen at $100, NASCAR wild years seen at $60, I will sell as a COMPLETE lot for $300 for all 60 books plus s/h.

Last edited by replicas on Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
afx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice collection. I have a few of those books as well.
bangor boy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Some interesting names listed amongst the authors.

Working as I do in 1000-word increments*, Don Hunter's name immediately caught my eye. Great chronicler of the sport.

I've read some great work from the likes of Larry Woody, Brock Yates, Bob Latford and David Poole (good writer, not NC's finest ambassador). Bill Center was a bit formulaic. Michael Clements offers unmatched insight from within the garage whereas Greg Fielden is well researched but dry.

Surely missing something from the wonderful, wild Ed Hinton (my favorite). And the even wilder Raoul Duke.

And then there's those low-priced remainders from 'The Scribbler' himself, Dr. J. Craft. Wasted his fortune buying used cars. :-p

*Pictures. One being worth... .
bangor boy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woops
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Trading Post All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: