Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

#24 Jeff Gordon Dupont/ Superman Chromalusion (1999 Season)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slipster17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:17 am    Post subject: #24 Jeff Gordon Dupont/ Superman Chromalusion (1999 Season) Reply with quote

What began as a pipedream in December is now reality. Using promotional/ diecast box art I recreated the Superman image on the side of this car as a full vector-based graphic for a Sim-Racing project. Once I was all done with that I got the itch to see what else I could use it for...

The result - A one-off build of Jeff Gordon's special paint scheme from the 1999 Winston Select. Sporting custom decals from 3 Amigos Decals . Sam was able to take my Superman graphic and build the rest of the decal set around it - with awesome results! I cannot say enough about how rewarding it was to work with him on this project! We passed a few test pages back and forth, I would print them out and test fit them to the Revell body to verify the scale and coverage was correct and then get back to him with any changes I thought might be needed. Just about every decal on the car also has a separate white underlayer to help the color pop like it should over the darker paint.

The awesome paint I chose, BTW, is called "Darth Blue" and is a colorshift airbrush paint available from GreenStuffWorld. The chroma effect looks about as close to the real deal as I could have hoped! Applied over a gloss black base of course. Chassis is painted SEM Chassis Grey.

Some supplemental decals under the hood and on the wheels from older Slixx sheets.

Custom interior touches include a newer version of the Revell drivers seat, self-fabbed leg protection, ignition module under the dash, more accurately positioned fire extinguisher, self made Earnhardt bar and the rear shelf from a Ford model to better reflect the look of the real car. This was also my first attempt at cutting out the stock plastic window net and fashioning my own from strips of painters tape.

Enjoy, feel free to comment and thank you for looking!

Henryjint

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nicely done!!
dirtman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some real work here. Very well done!

Rett
bangor boy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super, man.
Slipster17

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henryjint wrote:
Very nicely done!!

Thank you! And a random question - where in the Hudson Valley are you from? While I'm down near Hagerstown in Maryland now I was born and raised in Middletown and Goshen.
Henryjint

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slipster17 wrote:
Henryjint wrote:
Very nicely done!!

Thank you! And a random question - where in the Hudson Valley are you from? While I'm down near Hagerstown in Maryland now I was born and raised in Middletown and Goshen.

Monroe since 1982
Slipster17

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henryjint wrote:
Monroe since 1982

Nice! I ran auto parts out of the CarQuest there in town for a few years after college. Between like 2006 and 2008.
Shunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent job…
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: