Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm around 85% unpacked from the move back to SC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject: I'm around 85% unpacked from the move back to SC Reply with quote

My decal printing has been at a virtual standstill since February of this past year, I had to move about 2 miles across town in February-March then I packed up in September and started the move back to Columbia, SC where I plan to be until they have to put me into a nursing home. That move involved four 2-day, 1000+ mile drives between Manchester, NH and Columbia, SC between the 2nd week of September and the last week of October, with two of those drives involving towing a 4X8 utility trailer with a Honda CR-V. I hired movers for most of the household items including everything in my office, I thought I was going to faint when they came out of the truck with a stack of boxes and my white laser printer on its side on top of the stack of boxes. I dreaded hooking it up and verifying its function and since the office was the lowest priority room to unpack I only just got around to unboxing and finding the cables and paper for the white laser and the regular color laser a couple of nights ago. All I've done so far is to print a test page but it appears that both printers are still functional which is good. I'm still not quite ready to get back into printing, I still have a fair bit of organizing to do and I need to set up my painting station for clearing the sheets after printing but at least I know I can.

It's crazy, I bought a house that's a half mile as the crow flies from where I lived between 2007 and 2016, and it's the same floor plan! I told my Spousal Unit that we wouldn't have to figure out how to arrange the furniture! As it turned out, the living room and kitchen are arranged the same but I tweaked both bedrooms just a bit to function better. There are times when I forget I'm not in the same house as before. I downsized seriously when I moved to New Hampshire originally and I downsized again when I moved back in February so I was able to get both cars into the garage within three weeks of moving in. I signed the papers on October 22 but I immediately had to go to New Hampshire to supervise the movers so my stuff didn't arrive and the process of moving in didn't begin until October 29 so I technically haven't been in the house for a full month yet. I feel like we've made good progress especially since I'm working full-time and only unpacking on nights and weekends, my wife was a huge help in getting the master bedroom, bathrooms, and kitchen to the point of being usable so quickly.[/b]
DaveVan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we will have a better chance to run into each other now you are back South!!! Best of luck getting settled and going....I know I ain't moving again!
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad your printer wasn't damaged and the move is complete.
BVAUGHN

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you are back in good ol SC! Did you get rid of your snow tires and snow blowers? Bet you got more snow in a month in NH than all the time before in SC!
Toys4Don

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear the move went well and that you are settling in. Even better, it appears the decal printing operation survived. Since you have provided such an informative update, as a courtesy, I will not bother you about updating the Sonny Hutchins decals with blue and white Southern Oxygen scripts until early next year Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: