Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZAP - a - GAP tip cleaning ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
George Andrews

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:09 pm    Post subject: ZAP - a - GAP tip cleaning ??? Reply with quote

Any tips for keeping my ZAP - a - GAP ACC tips clean between uses ??? I'm tired of having to throw away a $8 Dollar bottle for a simple nozzle or tip clog. Crying or Very sad
Robyn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I let mine sit for a few minutes after the last use to let any residual left in the tip drain back down into the bottle. After it drains I will then squeeze the bottle a couple of times with the tip up to push any remaining glue out of the top. Once that is done, I will run a thin paper clip down into the opening and once again squeeze the bottle to ensure it is clear and then cap it up. No tip issues in years.

Robyn
kurth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zap a gap has a non removable tip, and then the cap can become hard to seat in place once too much glue builds up.

What I dod with Zap a gap to clean the tip is to soak a small piece of paper towel in acetone, and wrap it around the tip, then leave it for a few minutes. This will soften the built up glue and then you can remove the built up glue. You may have to repeat this a few times. Be careful because Acetone is very flammable.

With the other brands of CA where you can unscrew the tip, I keep several spare tips around and swap them when the tip gets crusty or clogged. I take the clogged one and put it in a jar of acetone, to dissolve the build up. I hope it helps.

(fixed some typos)

Last edited by kurth on Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
George Andrews

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the hints. Wink
1fozziebear

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the Neanderthal methods of guitar string down the hole and old exacto blade scrapping the sides. I use CA a lot and don't keep bottles very long.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: