Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1987 Ken Bouchard #10 Whitcomb Racing Ford

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject: 1987 Ken Bouchard #10 Whitcomb Racing Ford Reply with quote

First off, sorry for the crappy pictures. I had some lighting difficulties when I started this year, which have now been fixed, but I have not bothered to reshoot the photos.

Ken Bouchard drove this car to win the Rookie of the Year title in 1988. The build gave me a lot of problems and wasn't particularly fun, but I'm glad it's done. Paint is Tamiya white primer which was clearcoated and their red, both of which were polished. I masked and painted the black stripe (as well as the Rookie stripe) because when I thought I was going to be using the JNJ decals, they didn't bother to include it. Well, the JNJ decals shattered into a million pieces so I wasn't able to use them....I was able to salvage the gold foil numbers. Everything else is Patto's, who DID include the stripe, making me wish I hadn't painted it. Patto also included all the contingencies and the minor sponsors that JNJ couldn't be bothered to include. For now it holds the 10 spot in the NASCAR by the Numbers project but that will eventually be Ricky Rudd's spot; however this car will always be part of my Winston Cup/Nextel Cup Rookie of the Year collection. Based on my reference photos this car ran with black painted hubs and lug nuts. It looks wrong but seems to be right.

Henryjint

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done!!
MarkJ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great one , Billy . And I learned something about Ken Bouchard. I always like to read the back story about a build.
Wild Bill 2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice and clean as always.
what did you use for the floor mat that can be seen in the bottom photo?
Billy Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a metal applesauce lid that I cleaned and cut to size...I can get 4 cars out of each lid if I do it correctly
Wild Bill 2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Kingsley wrote:
That is a metal applesauce lid that I cleaned and cut to size...I can get 4 cars out of each lid if I do it correctly

Thank, great idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: