Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dental floss

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jh63fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject: Dental floss Reply with quote

I build mostly 80's & 90's nascar's. I still use good old Testor's tube glue. When assembling roll cages, rear ends to truck arms, etc., I use waxed dental floss to tightly tie things down until dry. Then remove with a knife or nail clippers. Any glue that squeezed out don't stick to the floss.
I use unwaxed floss for roll bar padding ties, hoses, ect. Just put a touch of epoxy or super glue on the knot and trim excess.
Dan Belcher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used some floss when building a Davey Allison car where the real car had white wiring for an onboard camera, so here's a great comparison of how it looks compared to black sewing thread that I used for the rollbar padding ties.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: