Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buddy Baker’s Petty Enterprises Dodge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toys4Don

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:02 pm    Post subject: Buddy Baker’s Petty Enterprises Dodge Reply with quote

I apologize if this has been covered already, but I am thinking of building one of the 1971 Salvino’s Chargers as the white Buddy Baker #11 from Petty Enterprises. I have seen both a white and red interior, but would prefer to do the red one. Anyone have a good guess on what color red that was and/or have any reference photos of the interior or under the hood. Thanks, Don
Barry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:02 pm    Post subject: Buddy baker's Petty Enterprises Dodge Reply with quote

Hello form Canada.
Most of the color shots I've seen of the red #11 Baker '72 Dodge, the entire outside of the car was painted red.(STP red?) Everything else (interior, engine bay, roll cage, etc. was painted in Petty Blue. Now, the underside of the hood, I'm not sure about. The excellent Powerslide decal sheet has different versions of this car, both red and white, and, painting instructions. A model retailer I visited, shows Salvinos releasing the red Petty Dodge sometime in November. Nice. Hope this helps out.
Barry Kennedy
Ontario, Canada
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is interested I also have both of these cars plus others available check out my website at SMPDECALS.com
Bruce Sadewater (SMP DECALS)
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The red interior used in the white car was a blood red, similar to the color of the numbers used on the white car.
Toys4Don

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. Good call Tom. I’ll shoot for matching the numbers on the decals ..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: