Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moebius models

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sentsat71

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:16 am    Post subject: Moebius models Reply with quote

Just caught a notice when doing a search that Moebius Models has been sold to the owner of Pegasus (sp?) Hobbies, but will continue as separate entity of Pegasus.......
DaveVan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sale was a number of years ago........
Most of the Moebius folks are still in place, most projects are still a go.
Things were slow for a while......started to get better now.
The future?? Who knows.
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan wrote:
That sale was a number of years ago........
Most of the Moebius folks are still in place, most projects are still a go.
Things were slow for a while......started to get better now.
The future?? Who knows.

The previous owner made some choices for subjects that weren't big moneymakers. Luckily the Hudsons printed money for a couple of years and the Ford trucks are going strong. I still think the Hudson Hornet is one of the finest domestic kits ever tooled.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hudson is almost Tamiya level.
Frank, original Moebius owner, wanted some of the models that were done. Profits came 2nd.....he had other businesses......a great guy BTW.
He and all the folks that worked for Moebius are still involved in some way. I have not done any decal art in a while.....but no race cars in a while. I have gotten to brain storm with the development guys.....so the NEW Moebius is a little old and new.
bangor boy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking to convert a Franklin Mint Marshall Teague diecast into Tim Flock's 1952 championship ride, which was primarily achieved driving a 1951 Hornet model.

Looking to create the OK Hudson Motors '51 car he used to win the Motor City 250 race in Detroit, one of that season's bigger events. The decal art on the Moebius model is well off the mark, especially considering they show it being used on a '52 Hudson when the only time it was used was on a '51 model Hudson.
jchrisf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan wrote:
The Hudson is almost Tamiya level.

Nice, I didn't realize this. I just picked up a Hudson Hornet for a great price on eBay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: