Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hawaiian Tropic 442 kit questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E&K Racing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:23 am    Post subject: Hawaiian Tropic 442 kit questions Reply with quote

HI everyone,

I am going to start my Hawaiian Tropic 442 kit. When I was looking over the sprues and instructions. I noticed that it appears the are parts missing from the kit. I have contacted Salvinos JR but have not gotten a reply yet.

So let me ask should this car have a leaf spring rear suspension or a truck bar suspension? Another thing is my kit has 5 hole wheels. Every photo shows 8 hole wheels. Has anyone else noticed this? The air cleaner is a one piece chrome air cleaner. It dose not look correct to me. Is this normal?

I opened my Busch 442 kit and found the truck bar suspension parts in that kit. It also has the correct 8 hole wheels and a different 2 piece air cleaner. The chrome sprue is also different from the one in the Hawaiian Tropic 442.

Has anyone else come across these issues? I dont want to paint parts that are not going to be used. But I would like my model to have the correct wheels and major spotting features.

Thanks for your time and any help.
Erik
bigryan18

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it should be the truck arm suspension.. I don't know about the other questions you ask as I only have the Gray Ghost kit
Pat Redmond
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first 2 Olds kits, the Gray Ghost 28 and that Hawaiian Tropic 1 did not have the proper truck arm suspensions included in those releases. That omission was corrected with the Monte Carlos and subsequent Olds kits.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on how much work you want to do. A shelf model or a contest level. The leaf springs would be illegal for a OLDS of that era. But the Salvinos truck arms are 1/32 scale. If you want correct truck arms use a set from a AMT Cup kits from the early 1990's. They fit well with little work.
Salvinos VS AMT

As far as wheels go....this can change often. Some have used Monogram wheels.
Can't speak on the air cleaner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: