Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clear Plastic Windows

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nelson

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject: Clear Plastic Windows Reply with quote

Any tips on repairing scratches on clear plastic windows to make them less noticeable? Just do not want to buy another kit just for a window. Thank you in advance!
Toys4Don

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They make a sanding stick specifically for the windows. If its bad you will need to start with one of those. If it’s not too bad you can probably get away with using the Novus scratch remover products. You’ll need to start with at least their #2. When your done apply a coat of Future/Pledge Floor Shine (or whatever they call it now.). Hope that helps.
Wakefan77

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can definitely sand it out. You need a fine grit sanding stick or sandpaper. t I used car polish (fine scratch remover) on mine. Dipping it in future/pledge will also help the final appearance. Pretty much what was stated in the above post.

I build military jets and have to do this on alot of my canopies and it works pretty well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: