Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JD Stacy cars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KDM_Racing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject: JD Stacy cars Reply with quote

I don’t know if my memory is playing tricks on me. I want to eventually build the JD Stacy cars from 1982. I have decals for the 2 and 90. I have built the 44 and 71, and Mikes has the 28. What I am searching for are decals to build the 47 car. Now was there once a sheet for this or did I just imagine it.
iceman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.mikesdecals.com/images/IMG_1271C.JPG
Did find this on Mikes Decals Powerslide page
Maybe only had it on the hood or deck lid ?
Also were you aware that Terry ran the #44 with JD STACY on it, 6 times on a Buick and 8 times on a Flat nose Monte Carlo.
George Andrews

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.D. Stacy sponsored Seven cars in the 1982 Daytona 500 as follows : # 2 Joe Ruttman, # 5 Jim Sauter, # 28 Benny Parsons, # 44 Terry Labonte, # 47 Ron Bouchard, # 71 Dave Marcis, # 90 Jody Ridley. Several drivers would wheel the # 5 car during the 1982 season, including Robin McCall.
The # 5 car was Stacy - owned, as was the # 2. Several teams would drop Stacy's name off their cars during the 1982 season when the checks bounced or failed to arrive at all. In the season's final race at Riverside, only 2 cars remained with J.D. Stacy' name on them, the # 90 Jody Ridley car and Stacy's own # 2, with replacement driver Tim Richmond aboard & winning the event. ( Richmond had also won the June race at Riverside in the Stacy # 2, his 1st Cup Series win. )

Last edited by George Andrews on Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
KDM_Racing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the car that I am hoping to build
George Andrews

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron Bouchard at Riverside, likely the June, 1982 race. I say likely June because Racing Reference lists car # 47 as having Stacy sponsorship for both 1982 races, however The UMI 1982 NASCAR Yearbook only lists # 47 as having Stacy for the June event. UMI tends to be more accurate than R.R., based on my photos and notes from Riverside races I attended. Alas, the November 1982 was the only CUP race I missed there between June, 1981, and the last Cup race in June, 1988.
KDM_Racing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iceman wrote:
https://www.mikesdecals.com/images/IMG_1271C.JPG
Did find this on Mikes Decals Powerslide page
Maybe only had it on the hood or deck lid ?
Also were you aware that Terry ran the #44 with JD STACY on it, 6 times on a Buick and 8 times on a Flat nose Monte Carlo.

I did see that one. Its just not right for the car I want. That is more for the Talladega win car. I thought of combining that with the Dave Marcis sheet but the Bob Young Trucking logo is in the way.
Also I have already done the Terry Labonte car.
https://i.redd.it/tyewzwx0hg751.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: