Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who else is getting snowed in?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:09 pm    Post subject: Who else is getting snowed in? Reply with quote

In Louisville, Ky. Expecting 10 inches of snow.....sleet....freezing rain
18degrees

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am on the edge of 6-9 inches in SW Illinois, just east of St. Louis. My wife had a MRI scheduled this morning so we ventured out, and stopped by Wal-Mart and picked me up a new electric toothbrush, then went to lunch. I don't plan on venturing out of the house until i have to go out and shovel our 2 driveways and a sidewalk after the snow stops at 9pm or so tonight. The roads were worse coming home around 1:45pm than they were leaving out around 10am.
BW

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in North Central Alabama, we're not snowed in but iced in. It rained all day and now temps are expected to get into the teens tonight with wind chills in single digits. Just hoping we don't lose power.

Prayers for all those affected by this winter storm.

-Bobby
Pat Redmond
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expecting the same, Dennis, but nothing icy.
George Andrews

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out here in the Great Grey NorthWest, we had 8 inches of light, powdery snow from Last Friday evening to Sunday early AM. ( It's headed your way now... Twisted Evil ) In Monday's warm-up it all turned to rain, which means I'll be driving a big truck Tuesday in a GIANT Slurpee !!! ..steamroller
bangor boy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember coming home from a March break road trip with two pals. Warm wonderful weather in Ft. Lauderdale, beaches jumping. Time to head home and we hit the Kentucky border, traffic slows to a standstill and snow begins falling sideways, with all the heavy wind. Very appropriately, the radio is plays AC/DC's big hit, Highway To Hell.

Twenty centimetres - eight inches - of snow forecast for Toronto and an inch or two more in the surrounding countryside. Decent sized fall that will be handled in the routine manner that comes with life in a winter climate.
iceman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erie, pa. forecast
Heavy snow and blowing snow, winds 24-33 mph
100% chance of snow 3" to 7" tonight Temp 24
Tuesday 1" to 3" High of 25
typical Erie winter.
HurricaneDave3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got dumped on 2 weekends ago with 22" of snow. It stayed cold and froze in place, then had 3" the following Tuesday and 4" the following Thursday. Needless to say it froze because it stayed cold. Had freezing rain this morning and it's supposed to get up to 47 degrees and melt and flood, tonight's low is 18 degrees, so, yep, it's going to freeze with a high of 34 tomorrow. At least next week it's getting back up to the mid 40's for a bit so hopefully we will be over this mess now. I'm in PA near Allentown, PA, about 15 minutes from Mike and Mike's Decals.
Richmond purple Uno Buick (done)
Andretti Carfax Impala
LePage Patron Charger
Green Timberwolf Monte
150+ other NASCAR kits

Last edited by HurricaneDave3 on Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
sentsat71

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in North Central Iowa. dealing with below zero weather for about a week or so now...couple of dustings of snow....Went for a drive yesterday to keep the car battery charged up. No plug in heater for tor the car. place I rent does not have a garage.
Coiuld have sworn that when I started out, it was around 8 above. Around a hour and half later when i got home around 3:30 it was -7^.....
TonyK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ice, freezing rain in the Portland, OR area. No power for 2 days. Every tree in our neighborhood came down and 2 cars hit. The mess is going to take months to clean up and most of our yard is destroyed from the ice and fir tree limbs crashing down.

I keep reminding myself it could be worse and some people have it worse but still tough to accept. Whatever happened to good old snow falling.
odcics2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8-10” here in the Detroit area, on top of previous snow fall.
I’m not snowed in because I have a Jeep Compass
and just got a 2021 Chrysler Pacifica with AWD.
Man, that thing is great in snow!!
R.J.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freezing rain last Saturday the 13th here in SW Virgina lots of downed trees and lost power for many in the central and sw part of the state, we were fortunate to keep power. Another round is expected Thursday the 18th that will be even worse that last Saturdays ice, the only saving grace at the moment for us is that models are trending colder and we may end up with more sleet then freezing rain this time will be slick roads but no downed trees hopefully.
Brandon Miller

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Middle TN with about an inch of ice and now snow. Supposed to snow for the next 2 days.
George Andrews

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyK wrote:
Ice, freezing rain in the Portland, OR area. No power for 2 days. Every tree in our neighborhood came down and 2 cars hit. The mess is going to take months to clean up and most of our yard is destroyed from the ice and fir tree limbs crashing down.

I keep reminding myself it could be worse and some people have it worse but still tough to accept. Whatever happened to good old snow falling.

Sorry to hear of the problems in The Rose City: you certainly got hit harder than metro Puget Sound. It's that darn East Wind blowing down The Gorge that really freezes everything up. Most all of our snow was gone by Tuesday PM except in the shadows, and NO ICE thankfully.
Henryjint

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our 20+ inches from last week has melted down to about 15". With an ice glaze on top. Expecting 4 to 8 inches tomorrow into Friday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: