Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

making decals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
retroguy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:06 am    Post subject: making decals Reply with quote

I want start making my own decals,currently I have inkscape and gimp on win 10 and I have a hp office jet pro.I've looked on line for info on making decals but haven't found anything helpful I've even tried u tube but 0 info

I see that some of you make your own so I ask if you have any ideas or advice to where I might find some info and or tutorials...thanks
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how much help I could be but I will try to help you I am not familiar with that software for my decal business I use ALPS and a older Brother solvent type of printers. but if you want we can talk and I will do what I can to get you started check out my website if you want here is a link
https://smpdecals.com/

Bruce
MarkJ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retro , you could go the laser route that I went but some one said they dont sell the HPM254dw printer any more that I am using . I'm sure there must be other printers that will work with the ghost white toner. A lot of people make tshirts and other things with the ghost white toner. Once you get it figured out its not that hard, but you do have to put the white underlay decals down first before putting the color decals down. So basically you have to decal your model twice. Unless its an all white model then you just put the color decals down.
Firefly

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you looking for tips on design, templates, and such? Those in the biz may not be too keen to share.
Seems you have the software and hardware. So you just need waterslide decal paper (white) and film (clear), keeping in mind you can't print white on the inkjet. Test print your designs on paper to test fit, and print on glossy photo paper to check color reproduction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: