Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Salvinos JR '84 Pontiac Grand Prix kit question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goodwrench3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject: Salvinos JR '84 Pontiac Grand Prix kit question Reply with quote

Have you guys found that the front and rear clips are just a bit too wide ? I.e. the bumper part of the clips don't really line up with the bumper part on the body.

Just wondering.
Toys4Don

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those kits are pretty much straight reissues of the Monogram kit so it should be the same. There is a problem with the fit of the rear bumper on the 2+2.
Goodwrench3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toys4Don wrote:
Those kits are pretty much straight reissues of the Monogram kit so it should be the same. There is a problem with the fit of the rear bumper on the 2+2.

Yep, thanks. I had to "spread" the fenders a tad so that the front and rear clips fit flush with the body -- this helped and the fit is pretty good.

I didn't hear about the 2+2 -- what's the issue there ?
Toys4Don

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a small gap between the body and the bumper piece that will need to be filled for the bumper to fit correctly.
Orangeastre

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are three “fixes” for the 2+2 rear bumper that I know of

Cut up a Grand Prix front bumper to make filler pieces.

Jim from Salvino’s offers a 3D printed filler option.

Adamthewayne makes a really nice resin rear bumper that deletes the bumper guards and fits like a kit part.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: