Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Totally Random 18 Wheeler Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Street and Muscle Cars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pulln4dejr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject: Totally Random 18 Wheeler Question Reply with quote

Hey anybody here build 18 wheelers? My question is I want to do a B.J. & The Bear Aerodyne and I'm wondering if the Tyrone Malone Aerodyne would work, just leave the skirts off?
As always "thanks!"
tlaferri

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:49 am    Post subject: KX aerodyne Reply with quote

The basic kit will work however the rear frame will need to be shortened several scale feet as the Papa Trucks (and the Hideout version) is lengthened to fit the rear hauler deck. A glaring inaccuracy when AMT re-isssued the COE aerodyne version "sans" hauler deck in the 90s as they didn't restore the frame back to its original , shorter length. AMT's original version of the COE Aerodyne had the correct length frame but its rather pricey nowadays- I've not mocked up doing it but I don't believe shortening the frame to the correct length would take much effort (just the side c-rails and the drive shaft i'd imagine) , another possible solution would be to use the frame from the AMT Kenworth K-123 cabover kit, that was reissued not long ago and is still relatively inexpensive ($35 range)
pulln4dejr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:50 am    Post subject: Aerodyne Reply with quote

Good idea about using the reissue chassis I would imagine everything would transfer over, thanks for the input!
tlaferri

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Aerodyne Reply with quote

pulln4dejr wrote:
Good idea about using the reissue chassis I would imagine everything would transfer over, thanks for the input!

Its been a while since I've looked at the Papa Truck so cant recall if a fifth wheel may be on the part trees or not, so using the K123 eliminates having to come up with one if thats the case.
[/img]
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see SOMEBODY can get their truck questions answered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Street and Muscle Cars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: