Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Color for Color Me Gone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mack

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:11 pm    Post subject: Color for Color Me Gone? Reply with quote

Any suggestions for the MPC Color Me Gone 72 Challenger? Looks kinds B5 Blue to my eyes. Any input is greatly appreciated.
jokar124

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are starting with the original MPC Color Me Gone '72 Challenger funny car kit that comes with the pre-painted body then yes, it is pretty close to B5 blue.

The only problem is the body in that kit is a STOCK '72 Challenger, with marker lights, emblems, hood & door lines and shorter wheelbase not used on the actual fiberglass funny car body.

If you want to make an accurate model why not start with the re-issued MPC Soapy Sales Challenger FC or the older Model King issued Challenger FC? The Model King kit even has the '71 style grille decals that the MPC original kit should have used. Then you can save the stock '72 body for a nice blue replica "promo" build.
Mack

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are 100% correct on all points. The original issue body is gorgeous, but completely incorrect. I'm using the Model King reissue. Leaning towards B5 for the color. Thanks for your help.
jokar124

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mack. I would say B5 blue looks correct to me as well, maybe add some pearl or flake to make it "pop". I don't know where you would find the exact info, but Slixx once made a decal for the '72 car that should have a color recommendation on the reference sheet.
Mack

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Slixx sheet is designed for the Competition Resin Challenger. The sheet is a tad large for the 1/25th scale Model King reissue. The Billy Gooche sheet for the original MPC kit is readily available. I bought a sheet last week. Looking forward to applying them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: