Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dale Jarrett 1986 98 Busch Grand Prix 2+2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kurth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:34 am    Post subject: Dale Jarrett 1986 98 Busch Grand Prix 2+2 Reply with quote

I got a Grand Prix 2+2 from mikes, and chose the one that included the #98 decals sponsored by Busch, driven by Dale Jarrett, I just thought it looked cool. I realized there are not many pictures of this car out there, and I can not find out much about it. I cannot even find out what team it was. I guess at a minimum to get started, I would like to see if any one know what the interior color might have been. I should be able to get the dark blue from MCW. Any one have pictures of this car?

Thanks!

Edit

With a little more digging I found it looks like it was a 1 race appearance with Busch sponsorship at the august bristol race for Mike Curb, and the car withdrew from the race after 69 laps due to vibration. That would explain the lack of pictures. I found the race on YouTube .. Dale withdrew at lap 69, the race went to commercial at lap 64, and came back in the 70s. and there had been a crash, so no one mentioned Dale Jarret leaving the race, and the car did not get on TV. Practically erased from history.
SkoalPerce

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 98 car was a Mike Curb owned car. Most of the year, Ron Bouchard drove it with the Valvoline sponsor....think they parted way before years end.
waylandcool

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can tell, the interior was Petty Blue as it was probably a rebodied STP car from 85. Also the pictures I've seen and finding the qualifying session on Youtube, the car did not have a front valence or side windows.
WR

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a good picture of it in the 86 year book and the interior looks to be petty blue.
kurth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds reasonable it would be Petty blue inside, since Richard Petty Drove for Curb for two years, and they would be probably using the same chassis after he left.

I have a bottle of petty blue on the way from MCW for some petty projects I hope to get to. I can use it on this project too.

Thanks !
Radar43

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject: #98 Reply with quote

WR wrote: There is a good picture of it in the 86 year book and the interior looks to be petty blue.

I agree, it looks Petty blue to me also. I have those decals but not sure I will build that car.
kurth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a "Nascar 1986 Yearbook and press guide" but I do not see a picture of this car or any other Grand Prix 2+2 ...

After looking again, I see there is also an end of year guide published by UMI publications called Winston cup (year name)

I guess that is what I need to find.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: