Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jim Vandiver Charger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pulln4dejr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:22 pm    Post subject: Jim Vandiver Charger Reply with quote

Hey gang, during this virus lockdown pulling out some projects 1st off best matches for Jim Vandivers Dodge Daytona: Blue and Yellow.
As always “thanks for the responses!”
Radar43

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject: color Reply with quote

The true color of the blue was 1966 Chevrolet Marina blue. I`m wanting to try the Tamiya paint line but sorry I do not know which blue would be the closet match. I would like this answer also.
pulln4dejr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:23 pm    Post subject: Jim Vandiver Reply with quote

Radar, just checked and found I just bought a can of Model Master Nassau Blue (#28128) form Hobby Lobby a couple of weeks ago, so thanks for the info!!!!’ Just straight up “yellow” to match the yellow on the car?
Radar43

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:44 pm    Post subject: paint Reply with quote

pulln, I think Testors basic yellow. I just got the decals from Mike. I have a hobby Lobby a couple of miles from the house. I`m going to check out the MM Nassau Blue. I can`t find Tamiya paint near me. I do want to try it though. Do you airbrush or use cans?
pulln4dejr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:14 am    Post subject: Vandiver Reply with quote

Mostly use “rattle” cans, will pull the airbrush out if can isn’t available!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: