Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finky`s MCSS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Radar43

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject: Finky`s MCSS Reply with quote

Does anyone have photos of the #6 Finky`s 1986 Chevy Monte Carlo SS. I think it was the Daytona 500. I have decals for the car from J&J, but have never seen the car. I have hunted for this one for years.
Radar43

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:09 pm    Post subject: #6 Reply with quote

Today I found that the 1987 Daytona 500 was on You Tube and watched it for a while today. I saw the Finky`s car. I had thought that the car was in the 86 500. So I`ve started looking for cars in the 87 500 to get a good still pic. If anyone else comes up with something please let me know.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck on this one. I think i found out that its a biker bar. but no images of a car with finkys on it. I found a d.k. ulrich black 1986 monte carlo #6 with coffee on the side . Also did a search for trevor boys. nothing there either.
Radar43

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:14 am    Post subject: Finky`s Reply with quote

MarkJ. I bought the decals back in the 80s. Other than where the J&J instruction sheet showed to place the decals was all I/we have to go on. I hunted the internet for eons using the same search words as you with no success. Yesterday I thought of YouTube and watched the 86/87 Daytona 500s. In the 87 500 I saw the car. Real quick, but it was the car. So, as a hunter for obscure cars the treasure hunt goes on?
halfbreed999

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only pic I found was at SMH. Heres link to it http://stores.smhracing.com/137-6-us-racing-finkys-tonight-dk-ulrich/....heres a link to D. K. Ulriches cars....http://www.legendsofnascar.com/DK_Ulrich.htm
Radar43

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:31 pm    Post subject: #6 Reply with quote

Halfbreed999. When I went to it the page had gone away. Thanks though.
halfbreed999

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think hes on here and removed link. If you copy and paste the other one you get a few cars. Ill look somemore and see if I can find something. Have the JNJ decal and car is silver. I will look for it scan it tomorow. Shoot me your email and Ill shoot you a scan of it......pm sent
Steve South

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://stores.smhracing.com/137-6-us-racing-finkys-tonight-dk-ulrich/
Keith Wallace

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ALSO WATCHED THE 1987 DAYTONA 500 ON YOU-TUBE AND ONY FOUND THE FINKY'S TONIGHT CAR AT 1:43:40 / 2:45:35 ON THE DAYTONA 500 (CBS BROADCAST)
Radar43

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:17 am    Post subject: #6 Reply with quote

Keith, Thank You. I will check this out.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not going to help much but this is all i could get from the youtube. Very poor quality on my computer. Looks like the car was already wrecked before the start of the race.
Radar43

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:55 pm    Post subject: #6 Reply with quote

Keith Wallace wrote:
I ALSO WATCHED THE 1987 DAYTONA 500 ON YOU-TUBE AND ONY FOUND THE FINKY'S TONIGHT CAR AT 1:43:40 / 2:45:35 ON THE DAYTONA 500 (CBS BROADCAST)

Keith, I watched the times you posted and saw the car. took pics of it with my camera and looking at the open hood view, I think the interior was red. MarkJ Thanks for posting the pic you added also. Well now I will go forward with the build. Thanks to everyone. Howard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: