Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my 3rd and final #6 Mark Martin Stroh's build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
18degrees

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject: my 3rd and final #6 Mark Martin Stroh's build Reply with quote

this is the second 1989 TBird that I built with this livery, but the first one didn't have the "Duralt" decals; I am unsure of the brand of decals, but they held up pretty well for being so old and uncoated before use. The font is much larger than the other sets I have seen, pretty accurate from the pics that I found for reference on the interwebs. The fender sponsor starts about one letter ahead of the B pillar, and runs all the way back to the spoiler - I had to use a hole punch to make the spot where the fuel filler pokes thru. these decals came off of ebay, and I was fortunate enough to find a second set to have just in case, and I did double up the roof and door numbers and the Duralt on the trunk.

the paint is MCW dark blue, all the contingencies were applied one at a time Shocked , and the grilles are from a Detail Master product - look good to me and are pretty easy to work with, I will use them whenever I can from now on. look a lot better than decals... also, exhaust dumps made from Evergreen tube. tire deets from Powerslide and some random Bassett decals I found. wish someone would produce these rim decals again.

thanks for the lookieloo, and comments are appreciated and expected.
80GoldenEagle

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! Got a set of Stroh's decals myself, just haven't decided which I want to do, '88 or '89.
18degrees

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

80GoldenEagle wrote:
Very nice! Got a set of Stroh's decals myself, just haven't decided which I want to do, '88 or '89.

Do you have the newer MPR sheet or something else?

I would do ‘89, for the first win.
80GoldenEagle

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After pulling them out, they are the same as what you used for this car. They have the Duralt decals on the sheet.
18degrees

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the JNJ ones had Duralt too... did yours come with a black and white instruction sheet with a photo of the car and all the decals are indicated with a letter?

if so, and you have any problems with yours shattering or tearing, I have a partial sheet you can have, if you need it once you get started.
sentsat71

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!

By the time I started watching NASCAR on TV with any regularity, Marl was already running the Valvoline car....Not sure if I tracked this scheme in 1/64th die-cast or not....as that collection as been put away since 2001......
Henryjint

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nicely done!!
80GoldenEagle

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

18degrees wrote:
the JNJ ones had Duralt too... did yours come with a black and white instruction sheet with a photo of the car and all the decals are indicated with a letter?

if so, and you have any problems with yours shattering or tearing, I have a partial sheet you can have, if you need it once you get started.

Yes, it came with the paper instruction sheet. I am planning on coating them before I attempt to use them, but if I have any issues, I'll let you know. Thanks for the offer on the extra decals, really appreciate it.
LastoftheV8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject: where did you get the decals? Reply with quote

I tried Mike Decals and Ebay but I don't see the stroh light stuff at either place. May I ask where you got them? even better do you have an extra set you want to sell?
18degrees

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: where did you get the decals? Reply with quote

LastoftheV8 wrote:
I tried Mike Decals and Ebay but I don't see the stroh light stuff at either place. May I ask where you got them? even better do you have an extra set you want to sell?

I got both of my sets off of ebay, they are few and far between, i think i lucked out... twice. And the only Stroh/s decals i have left are partial sheets.

However, MPR Mark (member on here) has produced sheets of the Stroh and Stroh’s sheets. Reach out to him on here and he should be able to whip you up something.

His screen name is MPRMPRMPR if I remember right.
HurricaneDave3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Car looks good brother!!! I think I have that old JNJ sheet somewhere also. MPRMPRMPR Mark, just made 2 great sheets for this livery and they look beautiful, and we all know how awesome his decals are.
Richmond purple Uno Buick (done)
Andretti Carfax Impala
LePage Patron Charger
Green Timberwolf Monte
150+ other NASCAR kits
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: