Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Salvino Richard Petty 442 kit is now available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject: Salvino Richard Petty 442 kit is now available Reply with quote

They have them on the website I just ordered 2 they will come with the new bumpers and other parts...
BVAUGHN

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the announcement on FB. Any idea wen they will begin shipping ?
Bill
DaveVan

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went over to FaceSpace to see the Petty kit announcement. While there I found the new (to me) video on the Pontiac 2+2 refinements. I will say I am impressed. Not so much by the Pontiac CAD drawings.....but what seems like a REAL change in attitude at JR's.......ASKING and taking help and suggestions on mods needed. This is a long way from when the OLDS was under development and any suggestions were ignored and we were told to start our own model company.
As a side note the 2+2 looks like it could be the best thing from JR's yet....and done right will sell a ton!! I see lots of hope!
R.J.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am with you Dave, it seems these guys are ready to become a big time player in the kit market and are wanting to do use what ever resource they can to make the best product possible. After what seemed a little rocky start with the whole Olds release they are ramping up all means available to produce a high quality kit. Kudos to Salvinos for stepping up to the plate and in the race car kit segment of the model kit hobby.
My building has slowed to near nothing in the last few years but I still collect kits and have at least one of every Salvinos release's so far and just last week ordered two of the Bobby Allison Monte Carlos from Mikes.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I have bought at least two or more of each Salvinos kit. I've not been 100% happy with any of them yet.....but feel like I need to support the effort. If they do the Pontiac 2+2, Charger and rumored Road Runner right....they will sell more going forward than they have so far.
The change in attitude is the biggest thing that will help. EVERY other kit manufacture uses outside help. These companies are micro companies in todays world.....and NEED outside help to do things right. It seems they have seen that......

One small item JR's.......FIX THEM BOXES!!! I now own a bunch of JR kits with torn box lids!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: