Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Call me crazy but...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject: Call me crazy but... Reply with quote

I'm watching Stroker Ace while prepping for some builds.

At the point where they introduce "Fastest Chicken in the South", is that a re-painted Brewster Baker Ford right behind him? I mean I know they essentially raped the museums for these films or the Permatex 1977 Monte Carlo wouldn't have appeared.

Sorry, don't know how to do screencaps.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are building Ace cars....you NEED this squarebird!!!
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't quite answer the question but, okay. No I'm going to be doing just Stroker and Brewster's cars. It's a double build for a friend. I was just curious about the car I saw. Smile
DaveVan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta get a commercial in once in a while Rolling Eyes .........most of the film was done in Charlotte....I was at CMS when they did the flip.....but what cars were what???? Not sure anyone in charge even knew.....they bought up any and all cheap race cars local.
George Andrews

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dave !!! Any inside information on the likelihood that the folks at Southland Corp / 7-11 decided to sponsor Kyle Petty after seeing " their car " in the movie Stroker Ace ??? The timing seems about right...
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Andrews wrote:
Hey Dave !!! Any inside information on the likelihood that the folks at Southland Corp / 7-11 decided to sponsor Kyle Petty after seeing " their car " in the movie Stroker Ace ??? The timing seems about right...
The rumor I heard, was that they'd bought their way into the film and used it as an opportunity to court drivers. Kyle was a good get because he needed a sponsor of his own badly. Stroker Ace was filmed in 1982 for release in '83 so you're spot on about the timing.
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've worn out the pause button, but it's either the Brewster Baker car, the Winston show car or possibly both.
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What color is the interior? It may also have been the Wrangler show car, repainted. I never saw that particular Winston show car but they generally had red interiors. Bud Moore and Elliott cars were spatter gray inside. The Wrangler show car was semi-gloss black inside.
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom M. wrote:
What color is the interior? It may also have been the Wrangler show car, repainted. I never saw that particular Winston show car but they generally had red interiors. Bud Moore and Elliott cars were spatter gray inside. The Wrangler show car was semi-gloss black inside.
Best I could tell the inside was red. It was just a pit road glimpse of mostly the hood, but I'm pretty sure what I saw.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: